Friday, January 15, 2016

Finished Sewing Projects



Used Gertie's pattern and sew along for this jersey blouse. Skirt had black lace on the hem and it's lined in black tulle.

My grandson Dallas visiting from UAF where he is a senior. He learned some sewing making napkins, a pillow case and this table topper or miniature quilt.
My daughter and grandson.
Going back on the ferry today to Kodiak Island a 12 hour trip but more this time due to weather. Ingrid is wearing my periwinkle blue cashmere coat with silk lining. I gave it to her as I made it and never wore it yet.
Here we are before she left today. 
Starting another sewing project and not doing well as I made a muslin first and I see how off I am. I drew out the pattern so there you have it I'm not much of a pattern drafter it seems. 
Nan



3 comments:

Debi said...

Happy New Year!! So lovely that your daughter could visit and that you were able to show your grandson about sewing! I love the skirt with the Gertie wrap blouse!

Jewels said...

Lovely outfit at the beginning Nan! Your daughter is so lucky to get your beautiful coat. Your sewing skills never cease to amaze me :) Thanks for all your kind comments on my Facebook - I am "growing" a lot these days with my mixed media....

David T. Macknet said...

Congratulations to your grandson - knowing how to sew will serve him well as he gets out on his own!

Thanks for swinging by the blog. Glad you're well!

Search This Blog