Monday, June 16, 2014

Chanel, Chicks, Coops, and Summer in Homer

Long time since I blogged thanks for visiting.
 Here is my second Chanel jacket finished. I never did put trim over the velvet ribbon I may yet or not. This jacket is a simpler pattern and took around 36 hours to make
This was taken June 14th my 73rd birthday at the Farmer's Market. We were checking out the booth that we operate during the season for selling raffle tickets on the museum quilt. 
 It has been a beautiful summer so far with very warm temps and sunny days however as I type this it's high winds up to 40mph tonight and rain. It comes and goes.
 The chicken coop being moved by our friend the easy way. Bob built it in the garage and then 5 weeks later it was moved out to the spot it will stay. The chickens are still in the garage and the pheasant are in the coop. However they are shut inside as if I let them out they can't get back in. They will be released this weekend at 6 weeks old. Pheasant I have found out are difficult to raise. My friends doing it here in Homer are finding out the same thing. 


 Above are the chicks at various stages and below the pheasant before being moved out to the coop. 
For pheasant I have 25 now. Chicks I have 15 and some really beautiful breeds. I have two Golden Laced Wyandottes, two Barred Rocks, two Buff Orpingtons, 4 Dominique's, and 5 Easter Eggers. I will keep only half of these as I have subdivision rules to adhere to. The chicks are no problem I wish I could say that for the pheasant. 
 Out to the beach on my birthday at a low tide.
The boys say Hi and they are doing well. Kalen is a real bird interested dog but Pan can take them or leave them. 
Nan

12 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Hi Nan! Happy Birthday..belated! You look great at 73? I don't look that good and I'm 65! LOL!
What made you decide to get pheasant and chickens? For eating and eggs? Are you going to sell some too?
I see you are still sewing. I am getting the urge as I can't find any decent clothes or styles I like to fit my lifestyle.
The boys are looking good too. Glad to see you back or have I just missed your posts? I've been watching Alaska videos on You Tube while I knit in the evenings. TTYL!

missy said...

Happy Belated Birthday......you really do look amazing. I'm part of a growing group trying to get our local laws changed so that we can house chicken coops in the city. For now we buy our eggs at our farmers market I work at. Love that jacket....very chic!

missy said...

Happy Belated Birthday......you really do look amazing. I'm part of a growing group trying to get our local laws changed so that we can house chicken coops in the city. For now we buy our eggs at our farmers market I work at. Love that jacket....very chic!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Happy Belated and good to see a post from you pop up!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Happy Belated and good to see a post from you pop up!

LBP said...

So happy to see you post, I have been wondering about you! Love the jacket! I would love to have chickens but alas, Dear Hubby doesn't agree.

Blessings

Linda

Terra said...

How clever of you to raise pheasants, it sounds tricky. The chicken coop is handsome and so are your dogs.

Debby said...

I was just getting ready to send a message and see how you were.....then I found that you had posted this. Sorry, I missed it. you are looking great. I bet the "little ones" keep you busy. Are just going to turn the pheasants into the wild. We rarely see them here any more.
Glad you are having a good summer. Ours has been different. A lot of rain.....some humid hot days but so far mostly nice days. Soon , I'm sure, it will be hot and stay that way. HUGS

Debby said...

And Happy Birthday

Penny-Rose said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I love the chicks, so cute and as always the dogs are just adorable.

Gernella said...

Nice pictures, our pheasants have left now but you can be sure they will start lining up again for feeding come October/November. Lovely to watch.

I would love to get some hens but the trouble is the fox pays regular visits.

Sandy said...

How did I miss your birthday? Happy Belated Birthday. You look great! It's been a busy year for us. We decided to have a house built back in Ohio close to family (finally after 40 years!). It means more trips to Ohio. That's where we are now.

Search This Blog