Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Birds!


The yellow chicks at three weeks are Buff Orpingtons and the other one is the Golden Laced Wyandotte. They are now going on 6 weeks old. The pheasant are 7 weeks and been released and doing well for one week now.
I just counted 20 pheasants at the feeder. We released 25 so this is pretty good to have them stay here a week. They range out during the day then turn up in the evening to eat at the feeder I have for them.

The real and not real above. 
The cranes turned up here after the father crane was here for a month alone then gone two weeks (when eggs hatched) and showed up June 21st with the two colts. The parents spend most of their time feeding the chicks worms they dig.
Our resident eagle came down to the pond. We also have these Gray Jay's coming down to check out the pheasant chicks. 
My daughter is visiting and I'll be going back on the ferry with her to help her out with some projects over on Kodiak. 
Nan

4 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Awesome birds, as every year!

Anonymous said...

Look at those eyes, great pictures! I love your blog, following from hot and humid FL :)

Sarah Carey said...

Wow! What a treat to see all of your little ones. The Chanel jacket below is divine, and the boys are looking as wonderful as ever. Cheers to you!

MJ said...

These are great pictures of the chicks. I'm especially glad to see the cranes again this year. Haven't been on here much and I see I've really missed a lot.

Search This Blog