Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Stuff

 I found this MS pattern on her website for these felted bears. I ordered 3mm wool felt and then the animals are cut from the thinner felt and felted on using the felt needle. I love how they came out and made quite a few for gifts.

I have made this pattern many times (A Walk in the Woods) as I bought it several years back. You can find it on the net or on Posey Gets Cozy's Blog.
My next project even though I have made a Chanel jacket I actually didn't have a class for it but used what I learned in the couture dress class on Craftsy.com for the skills needed to construct the jacket. Now Craftys has a class on the jacket so I'm taking it for fun. I love the teachers accent. This class is a lot different from what I learned, not as much work I would say. I haven't cut any fabric yet but will soon. My sewing students and I have stopped garments and had been working all on Christmas gift projects this month. 


 This above is a canvas I bought for Bob taken by our friend Tom and Mary who print on canvas and paint over. I actually have taken this same scene myself here but not so well as to make a photo 5 foot long and on a hazier day too. Tom and Mary are professionals and our house is filled with their work. You can find them by googling Wild North. 

I close with my little nursery elf. We do nursery in church every month and could this little guy be any cuter? He's as sweet as he looks too!
Nan

7 comments:

Debby said...

Hi Nan. You have seriously been on my mind all week. I was going to send you a message and tell you Merry Christmas. So glad to see a message from you. Yes, we had a great holiday and more to come. Our daughter and her two little ones will be coming in from Colorado this week-end for a long visit.
This was such a fun Christmas so far. Just the expressions on the grands faces over the gifts we chose for them. Nothing extravagant just well thought things. We did a simplier Christmas for each other and on the decorations. I like that so much better.
I love your woodland felt projects. So cute.
The dogs licking the beaters.....those guys are just so funny but so handsome.
One reason you have been on my mind is that I am considering doing the Paleo (sp.?) way. so far still thinking.
Happy Holidays my friend.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

The dogs licking the beaters is too cute! :)

ImagiMeri said...

You made such cute stuff for Christmas, and I agree with Holly the dogs licking the beaters is hilarious. I'm hoping your Christmas was awesome, and that your New Year is even better.

Hugs,
Meri

Sandy McClay said...

Nan....love those sweet felt ornies!!! The boys look good, I had 4 dogs here yesterday! Abbey, a doxie and a small white mix and Bailey....she got some great lessons in how to behave! :)

Algodão Tão Doce said...


Acabei de conhecer o seu blog, encantei-me com todas as imagens, maravilha!!! Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.

Sacramento Amate said...

My dearest nan, Christmas wouldn´t be the same without you.
Happy New Yearrrrrrrrr

MJ said...

Love how the felt ornaments turned out and I love the tree with all the handmade ones on it. My dream had always been to have a tree with nothing but handmade ornaments on it but I knew that I would never be able to have it 100% because I had one ornament that had to always be on it after my mom and dad were gone--it was the very first ornament that they had ever bought for their first Christmas tree---but I did come pretty close.

Search This Blog

Loading...