Saturday, July 27, 2013

Flowers it's that Time of year

 This is the beautiful Angelica aka wild celery or bent-leaf angelica a wild plant. To be honest with you it's white but Nan has a penchant for blues so she sometimes spray paints her flowers! 
 The gorgeous Delphiniums. I have purples, blues, lavender and whites. They grow really well here in Homer Alaska.



 What would a post be without our local Fireweed!! The wildflower that loves cool damp places. 



 Local visitors to the pond and yard. A cow with twin calves. This was taken June 30th. Our garden above was pretty badly treated by a night visiting moose. He left the broccoli just ate the leaves of the plant. Same on the cabbage. He liked the kohlrabi leaves too. 
 Orange lilies
 Saliva
 Orange Trollis
Yarrow in a bright pink, we also have white and light pink, hehe I have also spotted some blue yarrow around here. 
My lobelia.
Family has been here a week and just left yesterday. 
We walked down to K Bay Coffee. My d-i-l, daughter and son with the boys. Below taken in my yard with the zoom.

Thanks so much for the visit. 
I answer you if possible with your address.
Nan

11 comments:

Debby said...

Beautiful flowers. Do you have a new camera??
The Mama Moose is just huge. Nice of her to leave the fruit of the vine.
That can't be your son......you are too young.
(((((HUGS))))

Lutka And Co. said...

What beautiful flowers! Such different varieties from what we have out here in the CA desert.

Jewels said...

Such a beautiful display Nan - thanks so much for sharing them all - I love it when nature paints its canvas with such delicious colours, don't you. Hope all is well...

MJ said...

I look forward to seeing pictures of your flowers every year--the colors are so vibrant and the flowers are so gorgeous.

It seems like every year you always have twin calves showing up too if I'm not mistaken--are they fairly common there?

Inger said...

Good to see you again and your beautiful garden. Once in our Stockholm suburb, we had a moose in our garden. But that was a very long time ago now.

David T. Macknet said...

Beautiful!

vivian said...

wow gorgeous flowers nan! mine are looking pretty sorry right now. too wet then too dry, then too wet and too dry! lol! Im not a good gardener and mother nature is no help!
love seeing the moose. I have a bloggy friend in australia who recently posted a pic of a kangaroo hopping down her dirt road!
I love seeing glimpses of other peoples lives in other places. Thanks for sharing.
have a great week
xoxo

margits bastelstube said...

liebe nan,
das sind ganz wunderbare aufnahmen der Blumen! herrlich anzusehen!
alles liebe
margit

ImagiMeri said...

Gorgeous, stunning, awesome....so many words to use! You are so blessed with nature around you, and I would so love to come visit......of course I wanna see you, too, but your surroundings are magnificent!

Love ya'
Meri

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

I am so far behind on reading blogs - this one is beautiful - I am so glad I got a chance to see this! Great photos - love them all. :)

Ela said...

Beautiful flowers and colors :)
Greetings from Poland, Ela

Search This Blog