Thursday, May 2, 2013

Around the sewing room

Love this little blue deer that sits on top of a painting in my craftroom. 

New sparklie collars for the boys.
The crane couple has arrived here from CA. 
Soon they will be 'painting' their feathers rust color to hid themselves when nesting. There are spots around the bay when they go to do their painting. 

My student's lastest creation, a drop waist skirt with a beautiful hand installed zipper she did. Lessons will be ending this month for the summer. If we ever get a summer that is. Fairbanks had 4 inches of snow this week! I'm making more banners in a 4th of July theme. 
Nan

6 comments:

Ann said...

That little blue deer is darling, it would make me smile each time I looked at it. Are you ready for a break of teaching? Your student looks like she did a great job. It's totally rare but we are getting snow here today on May 2!!!!
Ann

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hello Nan! We had snow here the other day, too but it was in the 70s a few weeks ago. the weather keeps us on our toes- or not! the hard frost about killed my Lobelia!

That little deer is so cute! ♥

Debby said...

Love seeing the boys posing with your cute student. I can't wait to see your new banners. Love the blu der and the painting.

Penny-Rose said...

I agree with the earlier comment - the blue bambi is just so cute!! Your student is progressing very nicely, I am impressed that she put in zip by hand. I am curious about the cranes painting themselves and look forward to seeing more photos.

Sacramento Amate said...

Loving every single pic, dear Nan.
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

MJ said...

I really enjoy seeing the cranes come back each year--so glad when you post the pictures of them each spring.

Search This Blog