Sunday, April 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Kalen


Photos taken out at the Homer Spit 8:15 pm Saturday April 27 which is Kalen's third birthday. Here he is with Bob on the beach. If Bob looks cold he is the wind is blowing hard and it's 44 degrees.
The boys on another walk closer to Home. I don't use leashes for walks here as we're not on a busy street and the boys come sit by me when a car does go by, they mind very well. 

How corn grows in Alaska inside a heated green house in April. I made my hanging baskets at Cookies the other day it will be weeks before they can be put outside, right now they are growing in her greenhouse. This year I went with a pink wave petunia along with white lobelia. 
 Sewing you bet. I made this flannel blouse using the same pattern I've been using in my former post. It's a woven flannel. Now I like it so much I'm going to make a silk one next. My student will soon be taking the summer off as so much goes on in our fast and furious summers here. My other student got herself a job in CO. 
Saturday I made this banner from fabric my student gave me. It has a sewing theme. I line my banners with batting to give them more body. Now to make one for July 4th.
Nan 


6 comments:

Jewels said...

Happy Birthday Kalen! Love your top and banner Nan....

Storybook Woods said...

Happy birthday Kalen. Nan, I love the banner. You need to do a tutorial!!! xox Clarice

Inger said...

Happy Birthday Kalen. Your blouse is very pretty.

vivian said...

LOVE your banner Nan! and your blouse, and your dogs! lol!
happy birthday to your puppy and have a great week!
xoxo

ImagiMeri said...

You are one of the few people that actually look good in plaid, of course I think anything you wear is made more beautiful just because you're beautiful. That banner is so cute. Happy birthday to Kalen!

Hugs,
Meri

LBP said...

Happy Birthday to Kalen. They are such beautiful dogs..

Love your blouse! I finished my red and white dress, really like it. I made 4 pairs of shorts and now have a red dotted swiss dress I am working on from an early 1960's pattern. I really don't even like red, I have no idea why so much red lately. I will try to get some photos of them soon. I am going to an estate sale Friday with tons of fabric! Can't wait!

Search This Blog