Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter


Easter was a sunny day the temps won't sound warm to you but here in Alaska they are to us.
I'm finally wearing my 1940's retro dress with pink gloves found on Etsy (they are darker than shown here). I had some looks at the gloves as people do not see this anymore, that's okay I'm starting a trend here in Homer! There is no reason why we can't go back to the beautiful styles of the past! 
Sleeve inside work
Chanel report! These sleeves are in the jacket and I am on the very final step of hand sewing the pockets on. I have 75 hours into this and a world of new techniques learned. I encourage anyone to try one of these jackets using Claire Shaeffer's Vogue pattern on making an authentic Chanel. It looks plain but oh it is not on the inside, nothing simple about making one of these and it's so comfortable and feels so heavy when you pick it up. I'm hoping 100 years from now someone somewhere looks at the inside and says 'This is a couture garment all hand sew and not made in factory assembly line in China. 
This image from a Couture book inspired me to go in this direction. Made years ago, no label it's recognized as a couture garment years and years later.
Nan

10 comments:

MJ said...

A friend of mine and I were just talking about that at church yesterday--how we miss the old days when people would get all dressed up for Easter--yesterday there were so many even wearing jeans!

Denise said...

So glad to hear you wore the pink gloves.I do want that fashion to come back and......put on your Easter bonnet with all the frills upon it.....Hugs from Denise

Jewels said...

You look positively wonderful Nan in your Easter frock!

Sandy McClay said...

Beautiful!!! And so perfectly vintage! I think the gloves are perfect!!!!

Sarah Carey said...

You look absolutely lovely in your Easter dress! What a delight. And I agree — love the gloves, love the whole ensemble. Hooray to you!

And the jacket — obviously, such a special piece.

Debby said...

You look beautiful. So tiny. So do the guys....not the tiny part.

Inger said...

You have to check out my suit and gloves on my post of today. Well, you don't have to, of course, but I found the picture and marveled at the way I used to dress back then in 1964. Now I would go in jeans and sneakers.

I love, love, love the dress in the first photo. Well, the entire ensemble is just beautiful and I'm sure you are already setting a trend up there in Alaska.

chris mckinley said...

The gloves make your outfit! It is just lovey, you look wonderful! Chris

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LBP said...

You look gorgeous in that wonderfully vintage looking dress. I love the print, and the gloves, and the buttons, well everything about it! I made a white skirt for Easter and I have a red and white dress I am working on now. The sewing bug hit me last week!

Blessings

Linda

Search This Blog