Monday, April 8, 2013

Cashmere Jacket finished




 This new jacket took only 7 hours to make compared with the Chanel @ 75. It didn't call for lining but looks so much nicer with lining I used the gold poplin/silk. Those are drop pleats at the hems so the lining has 'give' to it. It's all put in by hand at the outside edges. I'm pretty quick these days with the 'fell stitch.' 
This is the next project a pistachio dupoini silk blouse in a pattern I have used before twice. I have a red silk one and it's so gorgeous. The problem was getting it on and off. I have changed the pattern to have a zipper in the back and I enlarged the whole blouse by 1/2 inch just to give me extra room so I'm not splitting seams when I wear it. You know it fit once I had it on getting it off was a problem that is when seams split!



Took the dogs to the beach the other day. Did you know there is no ocean smell at our beaches? The reason being it's cold here. The forest has no smell either. 
That is a lump of coal washed up on the beach. These can be picked up to burn as fuel. I thought the dogs would really love this but I realize they don't care where they go as long as they are near us!

8 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Wow, you've just been sewing up a storm! I don't think I would have spent 75 hours on one piece even back when I could have done it. When I was younger, I didn't mind doing all the lining type pieces, and I even made a few couture dresses when I was only in my teens for other ladies, but forgeddaboutit now! You look stunning in all your new fashion pieces pretty lady.

Hugs,
Meri

Inger said...

That jacket is gorgeous. I am amazed at your talent. If I lived in Alaska, I would dress like I do here, but warmer: jeans! Your creations would stand out in New York City.

Jewels said...

Love jacket Nan!

margits bastelstube said...

dear nan,
this is a very beautiful jacket.
gorgeous!
hugs
margit

Sleepery said...

Wow, that jacket is amazing!

Sandy said...

Beautiful jacket Nan! I've taken two free sewing lessons on my new Janome MC 12000. I love the machine. My next class is scheduled in May when we return from our tour. It for embroidery which will be brand new for me.

Eileensews said...

The jacket is beautiful. I love the colors!.

Storybook Woods said...

Wow the jacket is just stunning xox Clarice

Search This Blog