Thursday, February 14, 2013

New Pup Finn and Sewing



Meet 'Finn' my daughter's new little Blue Weimaraner puppy. He is just 8 weeks old and went home with her yesterday. It's very rare you can find a Weimaraner pup on Kodiak Island let alone a Blue but a litter did come her way. She feels it was meant to be and is totally in love with him already as she's been visiting him for a month at the breeders. He weighs only 7 pounds today.

My student Autumn is such a great student to teach, learning so much. Here she is just finishing up the table topper for her Mom as a surprise for Valentine's Day. Autumn wears a tiara as it's her 15th birthday. Next is a pillow she is working on like I made with all the folded jelly roll strips. It will be very colorful you can bet on that as we like color around here.
And last,  Chanel. We're working on it slowly after all the enjoyment is all in the process not in the wearing of the jacket. Found on line at Flickr is THIS site of Ann's which documents her entire process putting this exact pattern together. I was thrilled to see this it helps a lot as there was a mistake in the pattern which I wondered about. 
Nan

10 comments:

vivian said...

such a sweet little pup!! love those blue eyes.
Happy Valentines day Nan. I hope you had a lovely day!
xoxo

Debby said...

I would be in love with that cutie too.
I love your student's little quilt. You would be an amazing teacher.
Happy Valentines Day.

Terra said...

What a darling puppy and talented student.

Sacramento Amate said...

Lovely to see your daughter´s puppy, and all your wonderful sewing, dear Nan.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

LBP said...

That little puppy is as cute as can be! No wonder she is in love with him.

Your students table topper is very pretty. I loved the colors.

That Chanel jacket is going to be gorgeous when you finish. Love the fabric choice.

Blessings

Linda

Storybook Woods said...

Awwww Finn is so sweet but then all puppies are sweet!! Pretty Chanel jacket. Cannot wait to see it done!! Clarice

Inger said...

What a sweet puppy, he will grow up to be a very handsome dog. And I know you will let us follow that process here. Autumn is so pretty as is her table runner. Happy belated birthday to her.

Penny-Rose said...

Finn is just adorable - I can see why your daughter is in love. Happy Birthday to Autumn - the table topper is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm definitely enjoying your blog
and look forward to new posts.

Also visit my blog post :: home hemorrhoid treatment

Jacqueline said...

Puppy breath! What a sweet little one and what a special day for him to arrive. I always feel love as dogs go to wonderful owners that will love them for their whole life. It's a feel good moment. Dog lovers understand this don't they Nan?

Last weekend I went to the play "The Quilters" and I promptly returned home and hugged the quilts my grandparents had given me. It was a wonderful story of women over their life time. The hard and good times and the various quilt blocks they made that told their whole life story. I think it's wonderful this young student has such a desire to learn!

I sent you a message on FB that I'd be happy to come house sit for that week but it would cost you a fortune to get me there!

Much love Nan. I'm spending the whole weekend hunkered down with my hubby. We don't have many weekends off together. I have a Valentine coming LATE in the mail to you!

Search This Blog