Thursday, January 3, 2013

Weather, dogs, and crafts




First the weather, after weeks of rain we wake up to a snowy morning. This sunrise occurred after 10 pm here as the sun peaks the mountains across the bay. Dogs love the snow!

I added aqua bows to my wreath to fill it in more, now I think I'm happy with it. Size is 18X18. It sits on my craft room pink wall adding so much I love it, thank you Elizabeth for the idea and tutorial!


Next while I wait for my student to regroup from an illness and house sitting job I made, after the wreath, a Deer Girl. Such a darling pattern don't you love her ears and tiny horns. I probably will just make the one lol if you know what I mean. The eyes I make are not the best but that I say just gives her more character! 
Now we come to the little lost dog. This sweet Springer Spaniel came to me in the pouring rain yesterday. I knew she was lost and what a nice dog polite dog she is. I put it on the two radio stations, the vet, and Face Book which has a local pet space on there, and contacted the shelter where I took her yesterday afternoon. No tag but she had a collar, honestly people if you don't have a tag get one it would have made this so easy as it is she sits in the shelter. I will check up on her later today. My boys have lots of tags in case they rip one off and loose it I have another handy you also would not believe how many occasion collars they have!

15 comments:

Jewels said...

Lovely winter pics. Love your wreath. And yes why do people not tag their dogs!I totally agree with u and what a sweety.

Debby said...

Love your new projects. You are a pro with the felt.
Oh my favorite little doggies. I hope you find his home. He is adorable. They can be hyper but both of mine have just been the sweetest dogs ever.

Debby said...

ooops, she. She looks like a puppy.

Tee said...

what beautiful pics! so relaxing!

vivian said...

I cant imagine the sun not coming up until 10;00pm... wow! beautiful pics though.
love your little reindeer.. so cute!
and the dog, how sad. she probably really misses her owners. Keep us posted. I hope they come claim her soon.
have a great weekend
xoxo
vivian

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Love the wreath! I can't wait to start crafting again! ♥

Inger said...

Poor little doggy, but she was lucky to come to your house. I get something called Boomerang tags for mine, they slip on the collar. Samson also has a microchip. That wreath is very lovely and so is your sun rise. When does the sun set?

MJ said...

She looks adorable and obviously has been taken care of and isn't just a stray or wouldn't have a collar. I thought that it was just pretty much routine that vets these days put chips in the dogs ears, but since I don't have a dog, I guess I don't really know and maybe that's just an additional expense and a lot of people don't have that done, but aren't tags automatic when you register you dog?

MJ said...

She looks adorable and obviously has been taken care of and isn't just a stray or wouldn't have a collar. I thought that it was just pretty much routine that vets these days put chips in the dogs ears, but since I don't have a dog, I guess I don't really know and maybe that's just an additional expense and a lot of people don't have that done, but aren't tags automatic when you register you dog?

A Vintage Chic said...

You're so sweet to take care of that cute little pup, Nan! LOVE your pictures & your beautiful crafts--well done!

SO glad you're enjoying your journal! I didn't "finish" my Christmas one--it will probably take me a couple of years to fill it all in--and that's okay!

I most likely will have a few--different themed--journals going at once! I'm doing a regular one right now & have an idea for a new one I'm itching to start!

Of course you can "copy" my roses! You can use anything I do--I'm glad you like them! Looking forward to seeing your beautiful work, my friend!

Julie

Corey Moortgat said...

Hi Nan! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I saw that same deer girl project on another blog recently-so cute! And what gorgeous dogs you have! I hope that lost puppy finds her home...

As far as the dollhouses, my ultimate display idea is to have a shelf that extends into the room, so you can see both sides of the houses-fronts and backs. But I'd need a bigger room for that- I'm going to need a bigger room anyway at the rate I'm going with collecting them-ha ha! So fun that you have one of the same houses as me!

Sandy said...

Oh Nan....how sad....both Abbey and Maya are chipped as well....I wanted to ask you what is the name of the breeder you get your dogs from? I know she shows them, but I was just wondering.....:)

Creative Breathing said...

Nan, Your felt doll is so cute. You are such a wonder with needle and thread! Elizabeth

The Custards said...

Thank you kindly for calling in and your kind words
Snow is a rare event in my part of the planet so it is lovely to see yours
Best wishes to you and yours and every happiness for 2013
Jenny

Sacramento Amate said...

Happy New year to you and your loved ones, my dear nan.
So good to see snow.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Search This Blog