Thursday, November 1, 2012

We're still sewing!



 My retro dress in the making, working on the skirt it has a lot of panels in it. I started making Hong Kong seams but when I realized how many there would be I quit. The lining is not yellow but a champagne color. 


 My student just finished her wool bolero lined in gold satin today doing the button holes, a real nightmare on my machine! I am thinking I will get the old 1947 button hole maker on the Singer back in service after today. Now she is cutting out the cutest little stuffed dog. He can be also a PJ holder.  It's like one she had as a child. The fabric is a really soft pinwale corduroy. 
This is a pattern I bought on Bustle and Sew tonight and got this far. Mine will just have the one reindeer. I think it's going to be a Christmas pillow unless I can think of another use for this.
It's cold and we have snow on the ground but sunshine.
Nan 

6 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan, what is a Hong Kong hem? The colors are spectacular. I haven't checked my Bustle and Sew yet...Need to do that. Enjoy your snow...we are still high and dry...smiles...Renee

Great student!

LBP said...

Your students jacket really turned out great. She is doing a good job. I love the color of your new dress!

I am making a dog too! Actually two of then from a 1950's pattern. They are Christmas presents for my great-nephews.

We are cold here today for this time of year 43 degrees this morning!

xoxo
Linda

ImagiMeri said...

Wow you really do go all out. Hong Kong seams......I haven't heard of those for years. Your student looks so proud and she should be. Her jacket looks adorable on her.

We're at a freezing 90 degrees during the day and 69 at night. Brrrrrr

Hugs,
Meri

Debby said...

Your student is adorable and so is her jacket. I was thinking that the material looked like a dog.
Love the reindeer as well.
Is it snowy and cold there now.
Another beautiful project underway. Your sewing amazes me.

Funoldhag said...

You make such pretty things! I, too, wonder what a hong kong seam is. I know flatfelled, french, but not hong kong. Your fashion sewing is wonderful. Carol

Sacramento Amate said...

My dear Nan, I missed so many of your posts, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
the first snow, the Christmas decoration in your house, you student, and that wonderful pink bolero, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Search This Blog