Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Last week

 The royal blue petticoat I ordered off Amazon. I'm mailing it back. It's lovely really but too much fluff for what I wanted. I will instead make my own to go under the blue retro dress I recently made. I'll have to do a photo of it under the dress before I mail it back. 

 My student with her own Gertie's Bowtied Blouse (pattern in the book). Looks so cute on her. We are onto another blouse this week with a different retro pattern. 
We had a total of 9 for Thanksgiving here. The boys found that being under my table was the best position to be in. They wore their dress jeweled collars for the occasion. 
We had two tables set-up for dinner. The table cloth and napkins here are damask and were my Mom's I have had them for so many years. 
Sat afternoon was taken up helping out at the annual Pratt Museum event of crafting and making gingerbread houses. Bob and I help and this year my student also helped as her Mom was in charge of the frosting making aka 'glue' for the houses. The kids in town come into the museum free for this. 

7 comments:

Debby said...

Your student looks so cute in that blouse. Sounds like Thanksgiving was fun and probably some work. Now onto Christmas. Will your family be coming to visit you.

Terra said...

The red blouse looks lovely on your student; tell her she did a great job. Thanksgiving sounds like it was fun at your house, as it was at ours.

My Vintage Mending said...

I love the color that petticoat but I agree it is probably too full. I rarely find the ones that are gently full...Looking forward to this weeks sewing...smiles..Renee

Sacramento Amate said...

Love the blue peticoat, ahhhhhhhhhhh.
I wish I could have been in uour dinner.
I cannot hear the bell ringing yet!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MJ said...

Not actually seeing the petticoat I'm wondering if it's one that you could just cut out one or two of the layers so it's not so full--if you cut them out up at the waist--much easier than having to make a new one yourself or send this one back. It would depend on how it was made and put together if it were possible to just cut it right up by the waist band or not--just a thought.

MJ said...

Not actually seeing the petticoat I'm wondering if it's one that you could just cut out one or two of the layers so it's not so full--if you cut them out up at the waist--much easier than having to make a new one yourself or send this one back. It would depend on how it was made and put together if it were possible to just cut it right up by the waist band or not--just a thought.

ImagiMeri said...

Man I wish I could be sewing as much as you.....I've got three or more projects waiting and just can't seem to get motivated about doing them. That dress looks divine on you Nan. Is the belt going to be the same fabric or something coordinating?

Hugs,
Meri

Search This Blog