Saturday, November 3, 2012

Alaska things

Yesterday I finally got my new studded tires and rims installed. The photo is my old cars studded tires/rims I traded for a cord of wood. Fed X had delivered my rims to the wrong location and they had to be tracked down. Part of the expense of living in a climate like this besides all the fuel we burn is equipping our vehicles to drive on the ice. I had my first oil change for the 3000 mile check up on the new car and my tires and rims installed at slightly over $1500. Quite pricey I felt. We buy rims because then we can change them out ourselves in May I could have gotten off cheaper by having them switched but then the shop must do it. 
Tonight we'll be decking out for a fundraiser for the museum the annual Ritz, a dinner and auction not far from the house. A sit down dinner, entertainment and dance along with a lot of friends who are going it should be fun. The theme is Winter Palace. Hopefully I can take some photos of the theme outfits. I have something I've never worn which I picked it's a red coat dress with fur cuffs and collar.
Nan

10 comments:

missy said...

Your outfit sounds lovely and the event looks nice. I hope you and yours have a wonderful time. Ouch on the tires and oil change.

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

Oh, I do hope you're able to get some pics of the outfits. Have a wonderful time!

Perfectly Printed said...

Sounds like you will have a great time at your event!! Hoping ot see a picture of you in your outfit!!

chris

Terra said...

That event looks glitzy and fun. The tires and rims were expensive, yet a good purchase, I agree.

Debby said...

Yes, that seems expensive. You sure do have a lot of fun things going on in your neck of the woods.

vivian said...

sounds like a fun event! I hope you'll be posting some pictures. I hate driving in the snow. I cant imagine living there... that would be the part I would struggle with.
have a great time tonight
xo
viv

Sacramento Amate said...

I love, love your close up in the mirror, ahhhhhhhhhhh.
You are magic, my deares Nan

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

My boy but all our studded tires on for us the other day because we had 2 seperate snowfalls. Now it's back up in the 50's-60's again1 Ha! Oh well, better to be prepared in these hills!

I hope you had fun at the ritz! I haven't really dressed up in a long time. It sounds fun. ♥

MJ said...

I always loved when we were able to have our studded snow tires put on--limited months that we could use them but always felt so much safer and never had problems going anywhere when they were on, but then they banned them because they were damaging the roads. Our roads didn't really stay covered with snow and ice the way yours do there--and the roads cleared, the studs were damaging the roads so they were banned many years ago.

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan you will be the best dressed on the town...have a great time...Smiles..Renee

Search This Blog