Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sewing


 My student putting in a hand pick stitch to keep the lining from rolling out. She has had 20 lessons so far.
This is her gold lining for the dark gray wool bolero.
 I've been making this dress on the right. I am doing it Couture style just to practice the skills needed. I'm using a royal blue shantung taffeta and it's underlined with silk organza and will be lined with satin. A lot of hand work goes into this layer before I even get the lining in. 
Below is the lining fabric it's a champagne color.
I have just been painting a wall in my craft room a 'Fairytale Pink'. 

By the way my Rowena iron just quit on me last week and I ordered a new space age iron! I'm waiting on its arrival from amazon.com. Let you know how I like it later.
~Nan~




4 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

I didn't realize you had students. What I wouldn't give to be one. This is going to be an amazing dress. This could be a new favorite. Smiles..Renee

Inger said...

I admire your skills and patience. I could never do anything like that. Talk about patience, I thought of you when I posted the Threads of Light post. I checked and you had not left a comment, so I don't know if you saw it. It's still current, the third post down in my blog. I know you will enjoy it, it is amazing -- Chinese embroidery like at least I had never seen before.

LBP said...

I can't wait to see you dress! I would love to be your student!

Linda

Storybook Woods said...

I think it is soo cool, you are teaching. Sharing all your knowledge and skill!! That dress will be stunning. Clarice

Search This Blog