Saturday, September 22, 2012

Work in the Craft Room


Lots of work going on in the craft room with my talented student Courtney and my wish to make up some children's clothing to sell in the Pratt Museum Quilt book at the Nutcracker Faire this December. Eight little outfits so far made up. 
Courtney has yet to use a pattern. We will get to that later as she is very creative and has ideas of what to make so we are going with this first. So far she has put together a quilt Christmas table topper and did an expert job on it too. This little skirt she is showing, a beautiful satin gold slip with black vintage lace on the hem, 4 napkins, and we are presently working on a gathered skirt in which she installed a hand picked zipper. 

I'm at present working on this large Kuspuk the Alaska dress that is worn over the furs in the arctic but liked by everyone and worn by women around town here. They are always colorful and trimmed. If I don't sell all this stuff I'll be putting it up on my blog and reducing the price.
*lots of rain here day after day.
Nan

8 comments:

Terra said...

I admire your creativity in sewing and making unique children's clothes, and your student is talented too, I can see.

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan these are so cute. I love the fabric. Wish I had a little one to put in one. Would love to be sewing with you. Smiles...Renee

Inger said...

Those little dresses on the hanger are so adorable. And you are so talented at this, wow! Send the rain south, OK, we are so dry here it's ridiculous.

vivian said...

hi nan! I think everything looks perfect! probably hard to decide what sizes to make to sell. you are so talented and apparently so is your friend!
happy sunday
xoxo
vivian

Charlene said...

I'm working on a post about my Fall Decor & I always have to share my beautiful plate from you! I did a link to you so I hope you'll hop by to say HI! HUGS!
Charlene & Elle
PS I wish I was close enough for lessons! I would love to start sewing again. It's been SO LONG!

MJ said...

I love the choice of fabrics for your little girl outfits, so adorable. It sounds like Courtney really has a natural talent there to be able to not only come up with the ideas but also to be able to do them the way she has been--it's really such a thrill to be able to do something that you thought of without a pattern and have it turn out so nicely--and it sounds like she's really doing great.

LBP said...

ooooooh! I love the fabrics you used for the little girls outfits! Courtney has a great teacher! Looks like she is doing a great job.

Thanks for sharing your pictures of the North Pole! Santa's workshop is just as charming as I imagined it! LOL!

Blessings

Linda

SACRAMENTO said...

I love your bigger photos nan, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I love the dresses for myself.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Search This Blog