Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sewing and Dinner


 First my sewing.
 I've been making children's clothing to sell at Christmas in the Nutcracker Faire to benefit the Pratt Museum. So far I have made these two little girls dresses.

This dress is a fairy theme using a contrasting fabric on the inside top but since I didn't have enough for the bottom I used pink tulle which worked perfectly. Then I embellished with sequins on the front of the dress, not really visible here.  I'm also working on my second little boys vintage shirt, show you that later.
 Beautiful sunny day here first half of the week doors and windows open. No bugs, that's right we have no bugs!
~Next~
We had a special dinner out on the Spit with two new friends Wed evening. 
 They have the cutest little trailer.

 Jan and Ed our hosts
Jan gave me a quilt to wrap up in as it gets cold out there. 
 Beautiful views on the Homer Spit.


11 comments:

SACRAMENTO said...

I feel like coming over for dinner with you, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh so much beauty my dear Nan.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Such lovely views! And such cute clothes, Nan! Love the fabrics you used in the opening pic! They would make a cute apron. ♥

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan that pink floral fabric is divine. You did a beautiful job as ever. Enjoy some of that wonderful weather for me...Smiles...Renee

Debby said...

Those are adorable dresses. Love the fabric.
The pictures are all beautiful. No bugs.....now I am moving for sure.
Love that trailer.....is it an old one or a new one. I want one either way.

chris mckinley said...

What a great place for a picnic dinner!! And your dresses are darling!!

chris

Jewels said...

The dresses are very sweet Nan - you are such a good seamstress! Loved your dinner date - looks just wonderful...J

vivian said...

looks like a lovely way to spend some time.. good food, good friends and beautiful scenery!
have a great sunday
xoxo
vivian

vintage grey said...

Sweet dresses!! What an amazing view and lovely dinner! xo Heather

ImagiMeri said...

OMGosh I love teardrop trailers!!!!

Girlfriend your children's clothing is absolutely darling! I can't wait till I have grandkids and can put my new sewing area to good use.

You are truly surrounded by God's majesty out there, thanks for sharing the views.

Hugs,
Meri

Denise said...

Darling Little girl dresses.They will make some Mother very happy.You always look like your having so much fun in your beautiful area.I would move up there in a sec. if My family would follow.

Anonymous said...

The little dresses are adorable and those mountain views are spectacular ~LunaLoo

Search This Blog