Saturday, September 15, 2012

Return from Fairbanks

 Denali in the back view on Wed. there are trails for tourists to walk and take in the view. 
Motel
I have to report first about the boys. They were perfect on the trip riding in the back of our new car. We stopped often to let them out and since most all these areas are remote they could be off leash. They couldn't wait to jump back in the car and continue. The motel was dog friendly and they slept with us in a king sized bed. 
We picked up Dallas the first day and took him to Dinner. This is our grandson in UAF. It was a quick visit and he had classes all day so we only saw him for dinner twice and then we left on Friday and I drove all the way home in one shot. The total miles going and coming was 1264. I will post more later with photos of the views. 
This is my blogging friend Miranda who writes the blog Pressing On. It was so fun to meet up with her in Fairbanks and see her lovely family. I could serioulsy fall in love with these kids as they are all so darn sweet and cute. It's families like this that make me wish I had wanted more than two! 
Nan

6 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

I would love to travel with my dogs. I am so glad to see that your boys did so well. It is so hard on when you have to leave them behind. I am sure they loved all the sites as much as you did. Smiles...Renee

Inger said...

I know you are such good dog parents, which is one reason your dogs are so good. And how beautiful they are. You know my hair turned gray when I was in my 30s. I was a blond kid, then mixed with light brown, then gray. It's not the gray or white you get when your hair is black, so I don't know what color it is now. Anyway, you had asked about my new glasses, so I thought of you when I posted the picture. Good to catch up with you. And I'm glad you had a good trip.

MJ said...

Oh my gosh has Dallas changed--haven't seen pictures of him for a long time now and I still remember so many years ago seeing him when he was so little before you even moved to Alaska--or was it shortly after you moved there? Both the boys were so young then, it's been fun watching them both grow into such good looking young men.

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

Sweet pics! It was so great meeting you, my kids thought you guys were really nice people :)

LBP said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. So glad your dogs enjoyed the ride. My dog hated riding in the car!

Blessings

Linda

Kath said...

hello Nan, thankyou for your comment about the baby mouse wasnt it adorable?
I am struck how alike you and your daughter are, what a pretty pair you are.

Search This Blog