Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cranes Return

I haven't mentioned the cranes as they have been gone for 21 days. Saturday the three of them flew in here and spent the entire day in our yard. The story goes that on July 28th we suspect it was a coyote that got one of the young ones. Right after that incident the three of them disappeared. I knew they had gone off to a safer place until the remaining chick could fly and then they would visit again which is exactly what happened. They had to walk wherever they went and I never saw them anywhere around here. They can be very mysterious. Cranes are now 'gathering' in flocks prior to migrating next month. My friend Nina has 81 of them up at her place these days. I wonder if my three go up there too?
Nan

6 comments:

MJ said...

I bet you were happy to see them come back--and to see three of them and not just two. Now I bet that's a sign that they'll be back again next year.

Self Sagacity said...

It is pretty special that you are about to see them. What a nice treat.

Jewels said...

Wow I am so glad they returned Nan. What a wonderful sight for you! J

My Vintage Mending said...

They are so majestic. What a wonderful sight! Smiles..Renee

Inger said...

I'm so glad they came back after their traumatic experience. I was kind of worried about them.

Dorothy Prudie Vintage said...

So glad to hear the cranes returned. There is no telling where they went and to find there way back is amazing isn't it. Love your outfit you sewed...those are my kind of colors.

Search This Blog