Saturday, July 14, 2012

Busy Summer Days Here

 A lot has been going on here with family arriving for a visit then we have a week break and another group of family will arrive on the 24th. 
 Big excitement for me was riding along with my daughter on Mon and picking up my new car at the dealership in Anchorage, then I drove the 250 miles home by myself. I bought a 2012 Subaru Forester. It can hold 5 people and two large dogs. 
My daughter then came back Wed with her son who had flown into Anchorage from VA.
 My daughter Ingrid and grandson Michael who is in the USCG.

Ingrid and Michael before leaving Friday night. 


This is friend Nique from Kodiak who came with Ingrid to view the campus in Anchorage where she will go to college, having fun in the Blackbeary Bog in Homer.
 To report on the cranes, they are growing and doing well being fed worms by their parents all day and staying right here in our yard. 
They pretty much control anyone staying in the guest cottage and threaten them if they come out!
The last of the Blues, took this 11 pm Friday night. 

15 comments:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

What a lovely time you must have had indeed! I like that new car; I am sure "you all" will get plenty of use out of it!

Debby said...

I have missed you. Family time is just the greatest. Love the picture of your daughter and her son.....and the cranes of course. Those babies are cute. Love your new car. Hope you are having a great summer.

Jane said...

Glad you're enjoying summer fun with family, friends, and the cranes!
I wonder if your grandson will ever get stationed in Alaska? My father was there (with the CG)in Juneau, but that was in the early 1930s!
Enjoy that beautiful new car!

Perfectly Printed said...

How fun to have your family visit! Your new car looks like it will get a lot of use. I love the blue flower, thanks for sharing!!

chris

MJ said...

Oh wow Nan, what a week you've had. Ingrid looks great, and every time I see pictures of Michael I just think back to the first pictures I ever saw of him and how much he's grown since then--it's been so great watching him grow through the years and it's the same with Dallas when you send pictures of him. They were both so young when I saw the first pictures of them so many years ago.

vintage grey said...

How wonderful to have your family there with you, and congrats on your pretty new car!! SO fun! Have a beautiful weekend! xo Heather

Sandy said...

Congrats on your new car!!!!! I love SUV's....that should be a wonderful truck for you up there....pretty color too! It looks like you had a nice visit....:) Sandy

My Vintage Mending said...

Beautiful car....I do hope somebody doesn't take a bite out of this one? The cranes are growing into their own. I can only imagine how discerning a flock can be. So nice to see Ingrid and Michael came. Enjoy your company...smiles..Renee

Inger said...

Great car and congrats on driving all that way. I'm not sure I could any longer. I love that the cranes are raising their young at your home. And so nice to see pictures of your family. I can see you are having a great summer.

SACRAMENTO said...

Wonderful family, ahhhhhhhhhhhh I wish I could just jump over there and enjoy all your beautiful surroundings, my dear Nan
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

momto8blog said...

family time is so wonderful, isn't it?! congrats on your new car...good for you! i would love to be able to watch cranes...wow...pretty amazing. Alaska just sounds exciting!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Clara Turbay said...

what you do here is really good, I will be back soon.

Sandy said...

Isn't nice getting a new car? New cars always smell so good too. Great family photos. So glad you got to spend time with your family. Jeff and I are talking about going back to Alaska maybe next year. Just talking about it nothing is firmed up yet.

Kath said...

What a lovely family you have Nan. I did smile about the bossy birds, we have a flock of Canada geese at the Abbey but you only use the path past the pond, if they so you can LOL

Creative Breathing said...

It may be quite a drive, but oh my goodness what a car! Your grandson is such a handsome young man. Enjoy your visitors! Elizabeth

Search This Blog