Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sewing and Making Jam

 Our fruit shipment came Wed and I made some apricot jam. Have another batch to make tomorrow and also huge plums I'm waiting on ripening and then I will deal with them. 
 This pattern below is from LBP sews Linda who did a swap with me. I used vintage lace on the hem. Blouse has big cuffs. 
 My favorite pattern on the right I have made 3 times now. This one is a red/white check.



This pattern arrived today and I will soon cut this Retro dress out in view A of the fabric you see here, has a nice drape to it and that is needed for this style. This pattern is really cute and I spotted it over on Deb Fry's blog and had to get one.

8 comments:

Jewels said...

Your pics are getting really good Nan - love the first one with the Jam! I still am amazed at all the sewing you do and love seeing what you are making! J

Perfectly Printed said...

The jam look so good!! And I spy a pretty cute cookie jar in the background!! Love the picture of you with and your dog!

chris

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan I do believe that might be the perfect blouse. I am a sucker for 3/4 sleeve and that yellow is lovely. Apricot jam looks great. Just did fresh white peaches for desert the other day. The kids are in heaven with all the fresh fruit in season. Smiles...Renee

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

Sounds like my ideal way to spend mytime! I love the blouse on you!

vintage grey said...

Your jams look so good! Love the two prints of your shirts! So sweet! ;) xo Heather

Longuette said...

so it looks like you do not have time to get bored, right?!?!?

that jam looks sooo yummy!

Love, Ylenia from Longuette

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh, Nan, I love your fabric choices! And I love those blouses too. I have 2 that are similar in seersucker a yellow check and a block check that I wear all the time as they are my favorites! 3/4 sleeves and nice cool seersucker. Your fabrics look nice and cool and crisp!

Creative Breathing said...

Nan, It is fascinating to see these vintage patterns come to life. I love the red gingham with your favorite shoes. PS I giggled to read on Holly's blog that you too like to hide dirty dishes away in the dish washer. Love my dishwasher! Have a great week ahead and a Happy 4th of July! E

Search This Blog