Monday, June 11, 2012

Blues and Women on Target

 The Blues are in bloom in my yard!
 Please take note before you get all excited you probably cannot grow these if you have any kind of heat at all. The Himalayan poppies do not tolerate summers over 65 degrees.  
My Saturday
 We learned to shoot 22 semi automatic. Above and below is Kathy my partner in this class. No photos of me. 
 I spent Saturday taking a full day course with the NRA Women on Target. We had three instructors and there were just 7 women in the class. We were served up a wonderful lunch too for the first half in the classroom, then drove out to the shooting range. My partner there in the yellow was the youngest one and I was next so all the other women were above 70, my friend Lorraine is 80 shown below and she did quite well with hitting the target. 
Interesting:  We have only one gun law here very recently made, and it's about carrying a gun in other states. It is legal to carry a concealed weapon in Alaska with no law on registration.
 Below Nan is going to church in her pink shoes! The boys went too as their pens were down due to the floor getting painted in that room.

Just the floor and door trim to finish out. 

13 comments:

Perfectly Printed said...

Good shooting!! AND I just love the pink shoes!!!

chris

Debby said...

Pink shoes and a gun shooting mama. Good for you. You always cease to amaze me.

Jane said...

Those BLUE poppies are the most amazing flower!!! Love that color!

Linda Ruthie said...

I always love seeing your blue poppies.
Next time you're out on the range, I want to see pics of you shooting. Very cool!!!

MJ said...

I love seeing those blue poppies every year. When I was growing up we had the usual red ones in our yard--those were the good old days when nobody questioned anybody for having poppies growing.

My Vintage Mending said...

Another fantastic reason to move to Alaska. Less laws. What a fun class. My parents are huge on gun safety and shooting and have all taught the kids. The boys are well versed through scouts. Those shoes are amazing...I knew you would wear them well. Beautiful blues...smiles...Renee

gpc said...

Those poppies are incredible! I learned to shoot with Women On Target and enjoy it very much. From what I'm told, most states had few gun laws until the last 50 years or so. It's ironic that the more laws we've had on the issue, the more trouble we've had with guns. I guess drugs are that way, too. Everyone sees the problems but our attempts to fix things sometimes just make it all worse. I have opinions but sure don't have any answers! :)

vintage grey said...

Your Saturday sounds like fun! Must be nice to live their with only one gun law. Love your pink shoes, and your blue blooms are stunning! xo Heather

Miranda said...

Gorgeous flowers Nan! I wonder if they do something like here in Fairbanks. I really want to learn how to shoot a gun. I've done it before with a big elk gun (which left a bruise, haha), but I really want to learn to shoot proficiently with other types. That looks like a really good time!

Creative Breathing said...

Hi Nan, I am returning to catch up on Alaska on the perfect day. I remember your first post with blue poppies. Hard to believe! I can't wait to see your Nancy Drew suit. Pink shoes are perfect! Loved the baby moose and crane and children swimming on ice berg. Such an amazing life you have Nan! Happy beginning of summer! The best to you. Elizabeth

SACRAMENTO said...

I love your pink outfit, and those blue poppies are out of thi world.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sam I Am...... said...

I hate guns and I'm afraid of them so all the more reason I need a class like that! It's wonderful that they offer it.
Your boys in gray look very nice next to your pretty pink outfit...what a great picture!

Sam I Am...... said...

P.S. Those are the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen! So vivid in color. Lucky you to be able to grow them!

Search This Blog