Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Moose and others

 I liked this photo of Pan near the bed
 I kept eating well while alone, lunch today halibut, chard, avocado/tomatoes and strawberries. 
 This story is still playing out. This cow moose above went down in the grass at 2:00 PM on Sun. I never could see a calf but around 11:00 PM I spot one when she got up to look at another moose off in the distance. I never saw the calf again until 11:00 PM Mon. when it got up to nurse and it doesn't follow her to me it seems weak. I'm watching this with binoculars.
 The boys and I spotted these two little twins at our neighbors. Like I said this is the week they start dropping the calves all over town. 
This crane hangs out most of the day tapping on the downstairs window. His mate is most probably on a nest and he has nothing to do all day. We also have mallard males hanging out in the pond all day as their mates are on nests, seems like the females do all the work doesn't it. 

8 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

What a neat world you live in with all that wildlife. My those twin moose look tiny..and yet they grow sooooo BIG!

Jane said...

What fun to be able to watch all those happenings! Laughed about the male birds just hanging around bored - no golf or tv for them!

Penny-Rose said...

I just love reading your blog and am especially interested in all the lovely wildlife! I think moose babies are just gorgeous. As always your dogs are very handsome too.

vintage grey said...

The two moose are so cute!! Your lunch looks tasty too!! Happy Tuesday! xo Heather

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan...I just want to come and watch the Alaska channel for a while...smiles...Renee

opportunityknits said...

wow, national geographic right at your doorstep. This is amazing!

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh! Those twins are so cute! Like all babies it's too bad they have to grow up. Your photos of wildlife and mountain views are gorgeous!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

I so agree with the other comments! I do so enjoy your blog in so many ways. Thanks!

Search This Blog