Monday, May 14, 2012

Flannel Slips

 This is a slip made from flannel pieces I have in my stash. I pull them out and see what will go with what. The green plaid didn't have enough fabric so I couldn't use it.  Slip is trimmed in vintage black lace from Deb Disney I find so many uses for the box of vintage trims she sent me.
 My new scissors for Mother's Day from my son for grading seams made in Italy and very very sharp. 

 Flannel slip
 Wore the slip to church on Mother's Day. It's barely 40 here with snow/rain predicted. We had a little snow yesterday. Below a second slip I'm working on attaching some tatting by hand Sunday afternoon.


My new shoes from Mod Cloth, they have the best shoes there. I ordered first a 7.5 which was too narrow so an 8 worked perfectly they exchange free. I love these shoes they are really comfortable. I have another pair coming soon that are all off white. The boys and I are alone for Mother's Day here as Bob is in Sturgeon Bay, Wis visiting his Mom. On Tue she will be 95 and he tries to visit her every year. 
A note about my boys who always surround me. I had 2 window washers here yesterday from 12:30 to 6:00 pm doing the house inside and out some 50 windows.
I know them well but the boys do not and they surrounded me growling at them the entire time they were here. 
Well I'm off to work on another slip before I tackle that stretchy velvet dress which will probably give me fits!!

7 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

I love it. The front panel different from the sides. Just a little different from the rest. This is a slip I would wear. Not much on those silky kind as they hike up too much. I learn something every day over here...Happy Mother's Day...Super Jealous of those scissors. Smiles...Renee

Perfectly Printed said...

Nan, I love the slip! What a great idea! However.... I just love the shoes!! And how nice your boys look out for you when you have workers at the house. Love the pictures of the dogs!

Enjoy your week,
chris

vintage grey said...

Love it Nan!! Mod Cloth is great!! I just ordered some clothes there, and can't wait to get them!! Those shoes are fun!! Happy Mother's Day! Have a great day! xo Heather

Sandy said...

What a great idea...a flannel slip! I have to laugh though, it is 105 here! I am getting ready to hole up for the next 6 months....it is my "winter"....And those shoes??? I am telling you the 40's are back! And I know you are loving it! Thank you my friend for your kind comments. :) Sandy

SACRAMENTO said...

I love, love your bigger photos,and everything you create, my dear Nan.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Inger said...

First I want to thank you so much for your kind words on Angel's passing. I appreciate your friendship lots. Then I have to tell you that your comment about how to get dogs to pose went to my Spam. Once I retrieved it all that other stuff happened here, so I will work with Samson later using your tips. Thanks. Finally, how great you look and how good you can find some use for everything. Being able to sew must be so much fun. And I love the color of your dogs. Gorgeous.

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh is the muslin for the velvet dress? Is that the lining to keep it from stretching?
I love flannel and that one is really pretty as a slip.
Those shoes are darling! They look like Nancy Drew shoes. You should wear them with your Nancy Drew suit.
Good for the boys! They know their job.....protecting you! I wish someone would come and wash my windows....they will....ME! LOL!

Search This Blog