Sunday, April 8, 2012

What goes on and Happy Easter


I was crafting with these making Easter cards I'm posting them full size if you want them. 
Also my teen friends came back and I had an afternoon of letting them take over the craft room and make whatever they wanted.
 Crafting table
Pizza break

Update: As of 4 p.m. Sat 4-7-2012, Anchorage has a new seasonal snowfall record. New snow on Saturday put the seasonal snowfall at 133.6 inches -- a full inch above the record established in 1954-55.
Dinner on Sat. night and a game of Sequence after. Moose burgers were on the menu as my friend who came had gotten a road kill moose. To explain, when a moose gets killed on the road the dept. calls the closest person on the sign up list to come get it. This was at 3:00 AM. You need a truck and a hoist to lift the animal then the means to handle it yourself or take the meat to the butcher shop for processing. 
 Kalen
A friend pointed out this wool and this silk went together. I was looking for something to use as a trim on the wool and on the lining the same. This might work. Want to make myself a jacket out of this. 


Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/04/07/2411798/city-inches-closer-to-the-seasonal.html#storylink=rss#storylink=cpy

14 comments:

margits bastelstube said...

happy easter to you and your family, dear nan!
greetings from austria
margit

SACRAMENTO said...

It would be a nice skirt and top too.
Happy Easter, dear Nan.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Debi said...

Happy Easter! Your dinner looks like fun! And I had no idea about the moose protocol! How interesting! Hope it warms up soon!

Jewels said...

Thats a lot of snow Nan! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. J

My Vintage Mending said...

What fun. These girls look like they are in heaven. Moose? is it like beef only leaner? Wonderful process of dealing with it. Happiest of Easters dear friend...smiles...Renee

MJ said...

Wow, they definitely go together and will look beautiful when the jacket is done--can hardly wait to see it.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Another interesting tidbit learned in blogland about moose roadkill! That was a first in blogland for me!
happy easter dear!

Sandy said...

Happy Easter Nan and Bob! I love reading your posts! Wish I could come over with the teens and craft with you! I have to clean out my crafting area it's a mess. I'll do that tomorrow. That sure is a record snowfall!

Debby said...

Here we had record high temps for March and you ae having record snowfalls. I bet it has seemed like a long winter.
So sweet of you to turn over your craft room. Your table is so sweet.......and are mooseburgers really yummy.

vintage grey said...

Happy Easter!! Your dinner looks great! xo Heather

vivian said...

Happy Easter Nan!
Hope you had a happy and blessed easter day!
xo
vivian
Ps.. I LOVE the pics of your puppies in the pic below. they are just beautiful dogs.

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

We have the "road kill" with deer in our area. It really helps people to stretch their budget. They mix it with hamburger most of the time, do you with Moose?

Anyway that was very cool to spend time with teens. I was blessed too to share time with 2 of them. We didn't do crafty things but had so much fun just "hanging out" and eating with my in-laws - even though they didn't know them. :)

Loretta said...

Hello Nan; I am now a follower but I was getting email updates to your fascinating blog. We had heard on the news about Anchorage and the record snowfall. We get rain and more rain. I live in Vancouver BC and would love to visit Alaska one day. I love your blog and your interesting sewing projects. I sew too, but for dolls. Tee hee...

Sam I Am...... said...

You must have gotten all the snow that no one else did this year! LOL! It's so nice that you have the teens over and I bet they just love it too! I would love to come to your house and craft for the day too!
I love Sequence and I'm not a big game player but I do love that one. I have no one to play it with now but it's a great game!
Love the fabrics...I'm partial to plaids anyway and the lining does go perfectly with it.
I've never had moose meat but glad the animal doesn't go to waste. I'm sure it's healthier for you than corporate farm beef for sure.

Search This Blog