Friday, April 6, 2012

My Week

The boys are showing off their new collars that came today from Crazy for Collars . They not only got new collars but new tags and attachments that screw off and on. When I say the word 'car' Pan will turn his head like this. 
 Above is my new tea Tisano that tastes like hot chocolate bought from our local custom tea shop. You can click on that link and find out about it and also buy some. 
 Cookie
I started on Wed helping friend Cookie again (once a week) in the green house. This other gal is Lynn who is helping and we replanted tiny plant plugs to 4" pots. 
 Jackie


 Bob and I went to eat dinner Wed with our friend Jackie who lives under supervision in a home for special needs adults. I bet you didn't know that our little town of Homer is well known in the state of Alaska for having a very large population of mental health patients. Why is that? Because the care and programs here for them is excellent. These adults all have health care workers that stay with them all day and take them on many different outings in the community. I love the fact that these people are no longer hidden away like in the old days but function among us in our community having jobs and are well accepted and part of us. We stayed after dinner so Bob could play a bunch of games with his friend Nick who loves that WiFi bowling. He always beats Bob too!
My yard this week, look like Spring? NOT!

7 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

We're getting snow here in Scotland, too, so you're not alone in the misery.

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

That is fantastic how your town takes care of the ones who used to "be ignored". I am thankful that there are so many places that do have them now. Cedar Rapids has a good one also.

What is the name of that tea that tastes like chocolate? Sounds delicious!

Your "spring" picture - not so spring indeed. ha ha

Debby said...

I love your boys. Love how they are sitting and looking at the camera. They are such good buds, I bet. They just look like little kids.
I want some of that tea......can we order it......what is it called. We have a tea shop in the village and I could see if they have that there.
I wish we had more services here for our son. He is doing okay but could be doing better with some services. Right now he has no one. Just waiting on another crisis. So great that you send time with them. I know how lonely it can be for them.
You live such a great life.
Spring is here early but our temps are at freezing in the evenings. We had several 80 egree days in March. It was the warmest March ever in Ohio.
Happy Easter.
((((((HUGS))))))
Do you hear anything from E.

Suzanne in TX said...

Just found your blog and am so excited that you posted Pan and Kalen's pic with their new neckwear!
That tea sure sounds yummy, too.
Your photos are amazing.
Take care!

My Vintage Mending said...

How dapper the boys look and just in time for Easter...I was just thinking about you and the nursery. Glad to see you are around the greens again. That has to be the most rewarding volunteer work. Truly some of the most amazing people, kind, innocent, and caring. Have a wonderful Easter...smiles...Renee

Perfectly Printed said...

Happy Easter Nan!! Love your dogs! They take such great photos!

chris

Sam I Am...... said...

I would love helping out in a greenhouse. We don't have one around here at all. They all get shipped in from somewhere. What fun!
Your boys sure look sharp in those new collars! Is that leopard? Snazzy! What did you say about screw on and off tags? That's what I need! I can't put keys on my key chain or tags on the dog collars because of the arthritis so that sounds like something I could REALLY use!
I used to work at a mental hospital and my Mother was a psychiatric nurse. I grew up around mental patients (not the violent ones) and loved them as they enjoyed everything and it took so little to make them happy. I enjoyed being around them and there were no "hidden agendas" with them. They were truly God's children. It's wonderful that they provide for them and support them in your community.

Search This Blog