Monday, April 9, 2012

The Jackie O Suit finally worn

 Our snow is still covering everything back from the houses and trees on Easter Sunday.
 This is my favorite outfit, it's the 1960 Jackie O suit made in raw silk suiting with a fuchsia satin lining in both skirt and jacket and black vintage buttons. Underneath I'm wearing a sleeveless ivory silk blouse with vintage buttons down the back. 
I leave a lot to be desired with my posing (Pan is pointing that out.) That skirt doesn't look right pulled like that! I see so many photos from the retro sewers that are so stunning, I'm not there yet.


When I saw this photo of the fascinator I made and wore on Easter to church I said "Oh my gosh it looks like a skunk with that white feather in the middle!"

The netting had a mind of its own. I wanted part of it on my face but the hot glue and I just could not agree. I'm thinking next one I'll use a headband to work off of. This one is a small pancake shaped black straw. One other gal had one on in church she made with silk like flowers and an ivory net it was quite pretty on a covered headband.



14 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan this turned out beautifully. Would never have thought of a skunk with that fascinator until you said something. They must have used a steamer on those in the shops to get them to stay so well. I think those boys just want to be models! Glad you had a chance to wear the apron...smiles....Renee

Denise said...

So beautiful!

Inger said...

You look just fabulous! And I thought people in Alaska dressed in lumberjack clothes and jeans.

ImagiMeri said...

Again, stunning! You are a wonder my dear, and so lovely. I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Love ya'
Meri

margits bastelstube said...

dear nan,
your new outfit looks very wunderful!!!
greetings
margit

Debby said...

You seriously look stunning. Love the fasinator. Your sewing ability amazes me. I think I tel you that alot......but it is worth repeating.

MJ said...

It looks fantastic Nan--and I love the choice you made for the lining. As for my Easter outfit--I wound up with a nice pair of slacks--not what I had planned but after my leg had an argument with Jack's car door on Thursday and the car door won I was not about to put a pair of nylons on.

Sandy said...

Nan,
Again, just beautiful....

vintage grey said...

You looks absolutely stunning!! Love how it turned out, and I love your hat!! So gorgeous! ;) xo Heather

SACRAMENTO said...

The snow has melted and you look fabulous in grey.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Vintage Girl said...

Nan, just beautiful work here. I love your suit! Sorry I missed this post earlier, we have been in Florida! You are doing such a wonderful job with your photos and outfits!

Sam I Am...... said...

I had to laugh about your "skunk" comment! I love the hat and didn't notice until you mentioned it. LOL!
Jackie O...didn't we love her! I used to watch QVC when they had her reproduction jewelry on and I have a pearl bracelet and a red jeweled cross from her collection. The man that narrated was an expert on her life and always brought pictures of her wearing the jewelry and who it was from. I learned a lot and it was so enjoyable.
Your suit looks so nice on you and I love classic clothing as it never goes out of style!

Ginger said...

I found you via Sunni's blog, and I just have to say that your suit is fabulous! You look so chic!

opportunityknits said...

I'm a first time visitor to your blog. It's a beautiful suit and you wear it so elegantly.

Search This Blog