Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sewing, Snow, and Lunch

Here is the closest color I found to peach in the Russian Shop. Bob says it's salmon. This is to line the navy linen. The ribbon is pink and used to cover the zipper inside. Anyway it's a totally yummy looking color and I could not resist it. Saw another burnt orange I should go back and buy, then I figure out later what to do with the colors I just love. 
Our lunch on Friday. Yeah asparagus down from over 6 dollars a pound to 1.99!!

Yeah our road on Friday was fixed. Bob ordered some heavy equipment to come in and just scrap off as much as possible and pile it to the side. We have a smooth road now. Yes we are all wondering how the melt down days will be with so much snow volume. The photos look black and white but that's all we have right now for color, black, white, and some brown, since November!! It's a mighty long winter here. We don't see green until the end of May and that is sparse. 

3 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Perfect...Salmon...Bob nailed it. That is going to be gorgeous. One of my favorites is asparagus with just a touch of feta sprinkled over it. Grilled yum. My dad grows it for me some years. Enjoy your spring green inside. Smiles...Renee

Sam I Am...... said...

Our Winters here are too short! LOL! Spring was so early this year and I get behind between the inside work and the outside work.
Did your road heave from the freeze or did it just need work? That asparagus looks great. I hope to get some when I go to the store this week. The Russian shop sounds intriguing. I bet they have really nice sewing items since they sew all their clothes. I have to catch up on your other posts. The clocks may Spring forward but I personally Fall behind!

MJ said...

We never really had much of a winter here at all this year---and already my hyacinths, crocus, daffodils are blooming--much, much too early for Wisconsin.

Search This Blog