Thursday, March 1, 2012

One side finished on inside

Wed I worked all day on the right side of the Starlet jacket doing the hand tailoring on the inside upon the hair canvas and not going through with the stitches to the right side. Then I had to drape the fold line of the lapel over a roll, spritz it and steam to dry overnight to create the roll area. Women's suits do not have sharp lapels but soft folds. I don't think I've actually been aware of this. This lapel is eventually covered by a facing and the rest covered up by lining so a person has no idea what went on inside the suit.
Today after the gym I will start this all over on the left inside without having to do the bound button holes. 

3 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Oh goodness, what a lot of work, Nan! You'll do it perfectly and beautifully, I know--can't wait to see how it looks!

Hope your keeping nice & cozy in all that snow, my friend!

Julie

MJ said...

Wow, I never knew that about the lapels either--it has been so long since I've even done any sewing other than mending. I used to make all my own clothes, including my formals for dinner dances, and didn't know about this.

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan this is lovely in its own right...smiles...Renee

Search This Blog