Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lots of Stuff


New stove took 2 months to arrive here, came up on a barge from Seattle. Had to find someone to haul it from the store and then install it. This happened today as the my painter and his son were able to install my stove and convert it to propane. It fit with a 1/4" to spare.
 That wall left without sheet rock will have pine boards on it like in the bedroom down here.
They also finished up the job of sheet rocking the other basement room, mud, tape, texturing and painting all finished in three days. The paint on 2 walls is Dapper Tan and the others are Swiss Coffee. The room only contains the dog kennels for now. In the summer he'll paint the floor for me as it has in-floor heat & I decided not to put flooring down like the bedroom had. There are some pretty paints for cement floors. 

My button hole backs that are put in through the facing. I used silk organza, none of this shows it's all on the inside of the facing. I'm now putting in the sleeve lining and going a little bit crazy over doing it. Oh my gosh will I be thrilled when I am done with this jacket it's giving me fits oh to move on I will be ecstatic.  
Happy Birthday Dallas visiting Kodiak on Spring break from  UAF turns 19 on March 15th. *Photo 6-25-11 with Bob in Florence. 

9 comments:

Perfectly Printed said...

How fun to be fixing things up!! Can't wait to see it finished.

chris

Miranda said...

The new stove and colors look great. Your grandson is probably happy to be out of Fairbanks for just a little while.

I'm not dreading going back, but this Oklahoma weather sure warms the bones :)

My Vintage Mending said...

love your new stove. Can't even imagine the wait. Although I waited 17 weeks for my new car to arrive. It does take awhile to get what you want. Now I know that jacket is taking a ton of time but you are learning and thus teaching so much. Smiles...Renee

Carol said...

Are you from Alaska? or just moved there when you retired?

Debby said...

Love that stove. You will have fun using that I'm sure.
Cute picture of your handsome guys. How tall is your grandson....he looks really tall.
Thanks for not thinking I look like a turtle....even though I thought I did.
Someday we will meet.....I just know it.

Sam I Am...... said...

Not sure what all you're doing...I got a little confused but I love the gas stove! I love gas and I have electric...ack! The painting looks nice but was wondering why there are dog kennels inside the house? Can the boys not be trusted to be left alone in the house when you're gone? LOL!

Inger said...

You are accomplishing a lot of stuff. Thanks for stopping by and cheering me up. Hubby and I have a really persistent virus, not covered by the flu shots. I've had a flu shot for 20 years or so and never been sick like this. Samson had pancreatitis (sp?), but is better and Soldier has a terrible stomach problem. Both are getting better.

Inger said...

Forgot to mention that I have read Evanovich's books. They are so seductive and fun! And I used to live in Princeton, N.J., which is completely different from Trenton, but I did get to know Jersey, a very different place, indeed. The books would have been perfect reading while sick.

ImagiMeri said...

Wow, you do have lot's going on. Your sewing projects really are amazing, I wish I had your patience for doing the tailoring stuff. I used to do it years ago, but my hands suffer so now, and it's just not possible. Thank goodness someone as talented as you is carrying on the trade.

Hugs,
Meri

Search This Blog