Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gifts and Chimneys

This lovely gift arrived in the mail with the below skirt kit recently. Jewels of Just Tricky-Boo asked me if I would like to have this, it comes with lining and a zipper and lovely Welsh wool tweed. I plan on a skirt for my daughter when I can get a pattern figured out to fit her long distance. Thanks so much Jewels it's so lovely. 



We burned so much wood this winter along with lots of propane that I called Larry from Chim Chimney out to clean the stove pipe early. Larry wanted me to take photos of him as my house has one of the highest pipes he services and he wanted to use it in an ad.
Our snow has been in a slow melt all this week which is good. I'm really thinking those folks up on the Homer Bluff will not get rid of their snow this year they got so much. It will be real interesting to see what happens with all the snow. 
Below from the store not a chance any of these are blooming around here yet.

13 comments:

SACRAMENTO said...

But I bet when all the snow is melted it will be so clean a clear, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
How kind to send you this material to make magic with.
have a lovely weekend, dear Nan

Sandy said...

What a brave man to climb up on your roof. I wouldn't. At first I thought it was Bob! It's dark here..no sunshine today just rain coming and only 45 degrees. Pretty fabric how nice to send it to you. Have a lovey weekend!

MJ said...

What a beautiful tweed. I can just see it when it's done---is it long enough to make it into a full length skirt?

Perfectly Printed said...

Love the daffodils!! And what a nice friend to send you the fabric!

chris

Brownie1 said...

Nan, I can't go a week without reading about your adventures in life. I love to see the Homer pictures,as it was one of our favorite places we visited in Alaska. Your sewing talent is superb! Wishing you warm and sunny days so the daffodils will bloom there soon!
Elaine

Terra said...

Wow, that is a high roof, the man is correct. BTY I think your dogs are very handsome, I love the color of their coats.

EllenaElizabeth said...

even though the snow locks so fun and romantic it must in reality be very hard to live with day to day. where I live in australia it never snows.

My Vintage Mending said...

Looks like the mailman was loads of nice to you...Smiles...Renee

vintage grey said...

What a sweet gift!!! :) xo Heather

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Pretty florals! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Inger said...

Some posing dogs you have -- I have to show this to mine, so maybe they will get the idea of how cute they could be if only they cooperated.

Storybook Woods said...

What a lovely gift from Jewel. That kit will make a pretty skirt. Clarice

Sam I Am...... said...

Wow! That is a high chimney! I'm afraid of heights so that would NOT be the job for me!LOL!
What a lovely gift and the tweed is gorgeous. I am catching up! I can't believe I haven't been over here in so long! Spring chores around here are in full swing!

Search This Blog