Monday, March 5, 2012

Buffalo Plaid and we Meet an Angel

Don't the boys pose pretty!!

Sunday morning before church I'm wearing the buffalo plaid flannel bolero top I made and the long late 1800's twill Western skirt I bought. It's 17 degrees. We ran out before church to take these shots.
Now I have a story to tell you about an angel.
 On the way to church the underside of my car hit on some ice after going into a hole. You see our roads here have lots of holes in the snow and ice. We had an all day blizzard on Sat. I pulled out on the main road and stalled right there for some unknown reason. I'm sure the number of cars that pass by are way less than where you drive. But it made me nervous to sit there in the lane, my gears had locked up. I could not get it out of park.( I put it in park as I must to restart the engine when it died.) I put on the flashers and Bob tried to get it out of park and nothing would work, the car started up fine but just was locked into park. A couple cars passed around me when a pickup stopped. He got out and then decided to pull in front and pull me off the road with the tow line I carry. He pulled back my seat being a very tall man and sat down in my car, putting his hands on the gears announced they worked perfectly nothing was wrong with my car. 
Angels do not look like we visualize, the ones I have met are ordinary people who are sent by God to help. So far this winter I have met four angels here in Homer Alaska.

13 comments:

Debby said...

first of all you look amazing in the plaid jacket and skirt. Love the white backdrop, hah.
I love stories about angels. I agree, he must have been one, a tall one. I so believe these things happen.

Perfectly Printed said...

How right you are Nan, angels come in all shapes and sizes!!
The plaid looks great on you, but I must say your dogs make the picture!!

Chris

Vintage Girl said...

Well, it makes sense one angel meeting another. I love the plaid, they are lined up wonderful!

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan, so sweet and touching and on a Sunday no less. I am the kind that would stop too. To tender a heart to see one hurt. That is a wonderful buffalo check. I have to giggle as your style is right up my alley. Smiles...Renee

Ann said...

Enjoyed reading your angel encounter story. We've had a few of these occurances in our lifetime. So glad he came to your rescue. Love your new shirt, you are so talented.
Ann

Denise said...

This post is wonderful!We have many of the same friends but have not visited each other much.I see your comments all over blog land :) Today I just had to say I love that outfit best of any.You look marvelous!Your beautiful hair looks stunning with that outfit.Your angel story is wonderful-Thank you Denise

Denise said...

I've tried to pick up that chime you have but couldn't figure it out,I think it was in a different language-So cute.You should have that first photo of yourself and the dogs framed :) Denise

Storybook Woods said...

Isn't it fun to see how God is there for us? Bless that man for helping you. Beautiful jacket by the way !! Clarice

Sam I Am...... said...

I love Buffalo Plaid and it looks very nice on you! Of course "the boys" are especially handsome.
I've had many angels in my life and also miracles. I've come to depend on them now and it's so reassuring. I'm so glad one appeared for you.

Fleur d'air said...

I really love your combination with that shirt and maxi-skirt! You look great, and your dogs are fabulous :)

http://cashmereflowers.blogspot.com/

sacramento said...

I have never seen a pretier blolero. Pink plad is very unusual, and I love it.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

LunaLoo said...

I love your outfit and thankful you were in good care on the road. Have a great week!

LunaLoo said...

I love your outfit and thankful you were in good care on the road. Have a great week!

Search This Blog