Friday, February 17, 2012

On line Class and Finishing up Red Coat Dress

I'm taking Gretchen Hirsch's On line class The Starlet Suit Jacket. I need to brush up on tailoring details as I had them in HS and have forgotten a lot of how I did that. This class is great as you sign up and just check in with the videos whenever you feel like doing it with no limits on  time. I also DL my pattern and I'm in the process of taping that all together 57 pages long like a big puzzle. I have two projects to finish first however.






The fact that I used a faux fur for my collar made it a different deal than what the pattern called for. Mine is not attached but snaps on in place due to the fur volume it's like twice the size as what the pattern calls for. The cuffs are going to be the same deal. The collar is lined in crimson satin all put on by hand as I couldn't really sew well on this thick fur. I have the cuffs left and button holes and hems to complete. I'm using the little red glass vintage buttons shown above. 
Pan is on my legs here as I sew with Kalen right up there too seeing what I'm doing and wanting my attention. Pan often wears a jacket in the house as he gets cold.
Night Night All

12 comments:

Urban Rustic said...

This coat looks gorgeous! I hope to learn some tailoring skills at some point in the future as it would be so worthwhile.

vivian said...

BEAUTIFUL coat! and I love your dogs... they look like perfect companions and remind me of figgy and frannie.. though figgy and frannie get into everything like little 2 year olds!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo
vivian

Jewels said...

Wow Nan your coat will be beautiful and one of a kind...J

A Vintage Chic said...

Ooooh! What a gorgeous coat, Nan! Can't wait to see it finished--it will be perfect on you!

So fun to see how much your doggies love you...so sweet!

Hope your weekend is wonderful, my friend!

Julie

My Vintage Mending said...

I am just glad I am not the only one that has paws under foot. After fighting all the dog beds on the floor I went to a rug and it just about does the job. A few weeks ago the cat got his fur caught in the sewing tread. I don't think he will get that close again...smiles...Renee

sacramento said...

I am speachless, dear Nan, ahhhhhhhhhhh Really prophessional.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Vintage Girl said...

WOW!!! So beautiful Nan, it's all going to come back to you. You never really lose skills they just need a little reminding.

GardenofDaisies said...

Oh Nan! WOW!! This is magnificent!

LunaLoo said...

Your fur trimmed red coat is stunning!

The Craftsy class forums are great fun as well. There is something to be said for "show me" instruction :) I will sign up for Gertie's new course soon, this will be my second of hers. You get the project patterns with both Gertie's and Susan's courses. I like that you can re-play as much as you like and they will stay stored for you in an online library forever.

philomode said...

so nice and beautiful both your coat and your dogs

Jacqueline said...

That is one hot coat!
I love it and would wear it over everything!

My dress
My petticoat
My bloomers
My sexy black dress I don't fit into
My cowgirl shirt
My leggings,
My wedding dress
My hot pants
My everything...

Love it...so much!

Sam I Am...... said...

That coat dress is phenomenal. I thought I could sew but I have never made anything that tailored or beautiful. Very impressive!
You dogs are just the sweetest. They have the kindest eyes I have ever seen. I just want to hug them!

Search This Blog