Friday, February 10, 2012

My Day on Thursday




 My yellow Kona Cotton blouse underway here today in the sunshine, making progress along with a lot of other tasks I had to do.


 These three images are from fabric.com they are on the way. The top one is raw silk a light shirting in a carmel color, the second one a rayon challis in a pretty floral, and third a plush flannel yard dyed cotton in magenta and black. I will show you later my plans for these. 
This morning after the gym I tried to pick up my Full Circle Farm order but the area had not been plowed and I could not get in there. The boys and I went back in the afternoon hoping they would plow out the mess by then.
This afternoon we went the boys and I went snowshoeing but it was a problem as we sunk a lot. Yesterday we had a large wind and rain storm making the snow on the roads into a slushy mess with lots of chuck holes. My car swirled around just going 18 mph on my road here. I got it under control before heading to the ditch, we have major and I do mean major ditches here on all our roads. Then when I got home I found my garage completely flooded as the ice aimed the melt right under the doors. I guess I didn't notice it when I left. I managed to vacuum out 4 big loads of water, set the fan going and turned the heat back on, got a load of wood in the house too while I was at it. Bob is working his volunteer job today so I can't leave this mess for him at 8 o'clock tonight. 

7 comments:

Vintage Girl said...

Nan, love the yellow. Your collar looks great on the inside. This is going to be a wonderful garment. Sounds like you had a good day.

Debby said...

Oh my.....lots of work to live where you do. But I am sure it is still worth it.
Love the yellow material.
I really like the floral and that check. Are they going to be made into something together.
Hope today is a better day.

Ann said...

This blouse is lovely. Your garments always look so professional. Is this for you? I don't how you could wear it in all that snow!!!
Ann

My Vintage Mending said...

Loving the details. Color looks great. Fabric dot com is so slow to process my orders I plain gave up unless I have to get something they only have. Can't wait to see what you are cooking up with the other fabric. Stay safe...smiles...Renee

Jacqueline said...

Nan! You woman of substance! My goodness you are what harding working women are made of. I respect you so much for your living conditions and hard work and loving your husband so much so he did not have to do the dirty work when he came home for his volunteer work. Bless you!

Thanks for your comment on my blog, yes, downsizing and living more simple is the very best life soon to be.

donna said...

Your yellow blouse is so pretty. I always love to see what you are making. Sounds like you had some scary driving conditions. Be safe.
Hugs
donna

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Oh my what a mess you had to deal with! I am so glad you didn't get hurt when "you hit the ditch". My prayers are with you Nan as you get through this ordeal with the snow and all. I am sure it is all worth it to live in "God's Country".

What a wonderful seamstress you are too.

Search This Blog