Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Latest Project a long one


 I've started work on my Starlet Suit Jacket a class give by Gertie. I really needed a refresher on bound button holes as I don't think I've done them since HS it's so handy to have the video close by. This is the back side of them and the front has a small square of the fabric pinned on there. I'm about to sew and cut them now.
 This fabric I'm using is raw silk which is woven silk suiting. I've sewn on it quite a lot and it's very easy. I had it in my stash.
We're had so much snow here day after day. For the last two days it's been snowing but the snow is light and an entire shovel full weights next to nothing.

9 comments:

sacramento said...

Such a difficult job, Nan, ahhhhhhhhh I am so glad that you enjoy it so much. And me with you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Debby said...

Looks complicated but I know it will be beautiful.
I guess I will have to enjoy your snow this year.

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Cool idea! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

MJ said...

I love that color--it's going to be gorgeous when it's all done.

As for your snow--think you've been getting all of ours too. We are so far below what our average snow fall normally is here. We haven't had any major winter storms either this year. Hope by my saying that I haven't jinxed us and we get a big one. It's happened before--had a really major one on April 9 the one year, where even the plows were getting stuck, a heavy wet 18 inch one.

MJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Vintage Mending said...

Wow. I don't think I have done button holes like that since High School. I cannot wait to see it. Looks like lovely sewing weather...smiles...Renee

EllenaElizabeth said...

Happy sewing. Would love to see the finished article and also close up shots of the bound button holes. All the best with it.

Jean said...

You are such an amazing seamstress! I'm always so inspired by your endeavors.

Sam I Am...... said...

How cozy to be inside sewing. You do real tailoring...I don't think there is more complicated sewing than what you are doing. I had an Aunt who was the head seamstress at Marshall Fields in Chicago....now I wish I would have asked her more about sewing! And my Italian Grandfather was a tailor in Italy and after he came to the U.S. I could have learned so much! Very beautiful!

Search This Blog