Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Iron Dog

*where we live is not on this map we are way south of this area*
Things go on up here you don't hear much about down there. Like this race that is just ending up now The Iron Dog. The longest snow mobile race in the world, this year at slightly over 2000 miles, the distance varies each year. Imagine the harshest winter conditions and the isolation involved. This is why the racers are in teams of two persons and two snow mobiles for safety. Todd Palin has won this race 4 times. Here is a link to the participants for this years race and other information. 

3 comments:

sacramento said...

Yes it is like living in two different world. Me sun most of the year and closer to Africa than to The north of Europe.
And you in a land of snow.
Isn´t it fantastic that we can comunicate???
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sam I Am...... said...

Thanks for the map...very interesting but I didn't see a link to it but I can probably Google it. I haven't been on your site for awhile and I have to catch up. I started "following" too many blogs and couldn't keep up! LOL!

MJ said...

Wow, checked out the link you had here and saw that there are 40 teams in it. I know the Iditarod will starting soon--I wonder why they have 2 such large races so close together. I'm assuming that the same racers don't do both or if they do I would think that they would have to use different sled dogs for each.

Search This Blog