Monday, January 30, 2012

Wood Cuts and UAF & Winner

This shop on Etsy is so interesting with his wood cuts of all kinds. I bought this little set of Marie Antoinette cuts with making Valentines in mind. They are 2" long. Etsy is my source for all things I can't buy here in Homer. Sat. I had three 13 year old girls turned loose in my new craft room to make Valentines for 3.5 hours and they were so creative! Next time they come I will teach them about embossing. 
This was posted on FB and I wanted to share with you the hearty students at UAF. My grandson is attending but is not one of these kids. Honestly I don't know how they pull this off they could only do this for seconds.
We have our winner picked by Kalen here under his nose is Mary from Bellsouth.net. Congratulations Mary. 

8 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

These are beautiful images. I just learned that Marie was quite possibly the first to create hankies out of lace for the tears she always cried. She required a square be placed in her dresses for tears. Well done girls. Crazy cold kids...smiles...Renee

dina vanessa mercado said...

great creations!!! so amazing and very inspiring... i admire you so much.. following you now.. hope you could visit my blog too... kissess!!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh my, braver than me, they are! Thanks for the heads up on the etsy shop. Interesting items! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

MJ said...

I have a feeling they used Photoshop or PSP or some other graphics program to put themselves on to the picture with the sign---maybe it was done for a class, in which case they sure deserve an "A" for a great job.

Inger said...

OH, those students. If they at least took a sauna first, then it would be a bit more bearable.

Sam I Am...... said...

Aren't you sweet to let the girls craft with you. That's such a good learning experience for them.
I heard you had -49....now that's cold...a cold I've never experienced. We actually were close to 70 today. Those kids are crazy but that's what college is all about...making those memories and hopefully living to tell about them! LOL!

Vintage Girl said...

LOL funny photo! How do those kids stand the weather up there, Burr.

sacramento said...

Minus 49, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Search This Blog