Friday, January 13, 2012

Townie Moose



(Photo Source FB Old Town Homer Alaska)
I'll try and get some shots of Homer today when I get out. We were stuck in yesterday, that makes two days this week with blizzards. This section in the photo is called Old Town Homer and a developer built many cute little (and expensive) quaint cottages there which is very close to the water with a view of course. In these shots are two businesses along with the townie moose.
*Pan and Kalen will try drawing again for the below giveaway on Saturday, check back tomorrow for the two winners of the cards and baby quilt kit. 

9 comments:

Ann said...

Is Mr. Moose friendly???? Never seen one in person I don't think. That town looks like it could be in a Hallmark Movie.

sacramento said...

You give me the chance to see a new world through your eyes, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Have a wonderful weekend, my dear Nan.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Debby said...

Love those stores. Look like an old gold mining town. Mr. Moose looks right at home.

Ylenia said...

wow, look at the snow! how much of it!!! It seams like a fairytale place where you live. How do you cope with the weather?

Inger said...

What cute cottages and that moose is too much. I also looked at the snow in your earlier post. Wow! I heard that a lot of snow fell on Alaska. So nice to see it. Great pictures, Nan.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Ooo! He's so tall! Our town had to relocate a mama and 2 calves recently cuz she liked town too much! ♥

My Vintage Mending said...

Again I am just loving the wildlife! Enjoy...Renee

LunaLoo said...

That moose looks right at home :) The birds fascinate me too. Each spring I tune into the 'Decorah Eagles' website where a group of scientists in Iowa follow the babies from eggs to flight with web cams on and around the nest. Stay warm, it looks pretty cold where you are at!

David T. Macknet said...

Love the moose pictures.

Sorry you're having so much snow. We got all prepared for another year like last year, where we had many weeks of all transport being stopped due to the snow ... and so far we've maybe had 5 inches. Maybe, in spots.

Search This Blog