Thursday, January 5, 2012

Skirt Completed


The skirt with the waistband of Petersham ribbon per tutorial I mentioned below. I finished it last night and when I came home from the gym in the top I wore there Bob took this photo. The skirt is lined in Duchess Satin in a jade green I had in my stash. Not sure what top I'll wear with this, certainly not this one it's from Under Armour a shop on the net for work out garments in this new age fabric. 
The fabric is wool and it has a pattern you can see here enlarged. Now I'm working this afternoon on putting together a muslin for a dress for my daughter before I cut the pattern out of really beautiful brocade. 
*I'll be drawing for the two give away items on Sat so enter if you have not on that post below, so far there are 16 of you in the drawing. 
Nan

8 comments:

Debby said...

You look amazing.
Sorry I entered so many times......I didn't mean too, hah.
I will keep my fingers crossed, hah.
I recently won a giveaway......but was sent someone's order from the same person. I then had to mail this order to that person and still haven't gotten the giveaway......hah, that's just my luck,

My Vintage Mending said...

I love the cut. It hangs beautifully and looked more like jersey cotton until I enlarged it. What a great skirt to wear. You always impress...smiles...Renee

gpc said...

I understand that the fabric isn't right, but I love the look of that top with the skirt - the color is amazing on you.

Perfectly Printed said...

What a great skirt!! I love the lining.

chris

Urban Rustic said...

The skirt looks so nice on you.I love using contrasting linings too.

Jane said...

Your skirt turned out beautifully! Love the lining too! Haven't seen well-made clothing such as you're making for a long time, but maybe I don't shop in the right places :)
Aralia Jane

sacramento said...

Beautiful skirt, Nan, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

Nan, your shirt is beautiful and so are your photos.
I love taking pictures of nature. We live in Port Angeles,Wa.and now that I am retired I have taken up sewing so I really do appreciate your talent. Please enter me in your contest.

Kathy

Search This Blog