Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Project

This beautiful blue velvet came Tue and it's intended for this vintage dress below.
My friend in Scotland Debi who writes this blog made hers out of a vintage curtain and I totally fell in love with this look. Now I can't find the pattern and if Debi can make me a copy as she suggested then I will make the dress.
Primal food. 
Lunch today green beans, bacon and onions, halibut with a topping of sour cream, mushrooms, and jalapenos and an apple on the side. Primal is so good for you, no sugar and cut out all the white fillers that put the weight on you, makes sense. I know and do understand it's hard for a lot of people to give up food they have eaten all their lives and see nothing wrong with. Things come along to change the way we think and if you are slim, fit, and healthy then you have no problem but if you are not then perhaps it's time to make some changes in the way you look at foods.

7 comments:

LBP said...

I love the pattern and the fabric. I have been doing a lot of sewing but not much picture taking! I need to stop and photograph some of the things I have made.

Blessings

Linda

My Vintage Mending said...

That blue is beautiful. I can't wait to see how it drapes. Halibut my favorite. Such a dense meaty fish. Looks amazing as always. Enjoy it...smiles...Renee

Inger said...

Reminiscent of Scarlett O'Hara, the way she made the dress. And that's a compliment, it is very pretty. We have a big old halibut in the freezer. It is so good to eat healthy food. And I like your Fiesta ware plate.

sacramento said...

beautiful dress, and difficult I think. best of luck with it.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sam I Am...... said...

The velvet is gorgeous...remember the song "Blue Velvet"? When it was popular I think we all wore blue velvet to the dances if we could!
That is such a gorgeous color! I like the pattern too although I doubt if you would catch me in a dress or heels anymore.
I agree about the food too. I take fish oil tablets since there's not really much good fish in the midwest and now they say they're labeling wrong, purposely...what do we Midwesterners know about fish? Not much! Except lake fish but those aren't the ones with the good Omega 3's. It's funny too because healthy eating is really easier to fix.
It's cold here today for this area...24 when I got up this morning and last week in the high 60's...strange Winter we're having.

LunaLoo said...

Hi Nan, I've taken interest in the primal diet and haven't read a lot about it but there seem to be varying versions. If sour cream is allowed, would Greek yogurt be allowed as well? other dairy? any fruits? If you have any reading recommendations on this topic, I would love to read more on it. Do you have any suggestions?
Also, love that blue fabric, looks so soft and luscious!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine said...

I love the blue velvet and the vintage pattern! I can't wait to see your creation.

Search This Blog