Monday, January 9, 2012

Local Author Jean Aspen


This is Alaskan author Jean Aspen who came to my house today to collect three books I had for her. The books were written by her parents and I had them for years and decided they should go to the family rather than selling them on Amazon. Jean is a published author herself and I have put links below of hers. I loved her book called Arctic Daughter which first introduced me to her years ago. Now she lives right here in Homer. There is also a documentary of their lives out there too which is so interesting. It sells on her webpage below and you can watch a clip there. I saw it on the computer years ago and also in our local theatre in which Jean and her husband attended and that is how I found out they now lived in Homer and met them. 
Her parents books



6 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

How neat to be an author and have parents that were authors too. Now I am a little concerned...what are you keeping? All these great treasures that are leaving your home...smiles...Renee

Terra said...

How neat you can reunite Jean Aspen with the books written by her parents, and cool she is an author too.

Debby said...

How thoughtful was that of you to give her the books. Much better than selling them. I bet she was so happy to have them.

Lynn said...

HOw awesome that you could share those treasures with her! I am sure she was thrilled to have them. Neat to know an author!
Hugs,

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet of you and what an honor to have her visit! ♥

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

That was such a blessing to bless another like that! I am sure she will "treasure" those books because they came from her parents. It is great to let go when you can let go for love and blessings!!! A sweet reminder - what can I let go of today. :)

Search This Blog