Friday, January 6, 2012

Food for Thought

 The Paleo/Primal life style way of eating. Here is our main meal today at 1:30 PM. That's organic Swiss chard and sweet potatoes from Full Circle Farms. The meat in this case is not organic, I try but can't always get that. 
Read this 'Five reasons not to worry about your cholesterol levels.'

Ice in the bay on Thursday. The Fox river at the head of the bay forms ice on huge mud flats then when the super large tides we have here cut under it the ice is brought out in the bay on the salt water.
*Drawing Saturday for the two items below then I'll have two more for next week. Sign up if you want your name in. Thanks Nan

4 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Looks delicious, Nan! I need to eat a more basic diet like this--sounds very smart!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friend!

Julie

My Vintage Mending said...

We love swiss chard..even the kids will eat it. While in college at K-State taking my horticulture classes we were lucky enough to taste all these wonderful vegetables. I just bought parsnips today for a stew....Just thinking I hadn't seen your food lately...smiles..Renee

sacramento said...

Great to hear the bell again.
I am a vegetarian, but it looks really nice, dear Nan.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I would like to sign up for your give away. I am just starting to learn about blogs so I am still a little unsure about how they work. I have a facebook account and I enjoy that, however I am interested in finding people with my interests since I have retired from the Port Angeles school District. I am a sewer,knitter and photographer. My two daughters are in their thirty and it is just my husband and pets at home.I happened on your blog and I am really enjoying your photos and blog. Sincerely,Kathy from Port Angeles. I am signing in as anonymous until I understand what I am doing. Have a Great Day.

Search This Blog