Saturday, December 3, 2011

Skirts and Craft Cabinets





I made an antique white cotton velvet skirt Wednesday afternoon. The fabric is so easy to sew on I love it. The fancy button detail must be removed for washing. I also now add inside my garments some small embroidery detail. Folks I am not the best embroiderer but I give it a go anyway. The top is one I made when I started doing all this sewing and I've never wore it or had a skirt for it. It's quite glittery and good for a party. 

I was so excited when my friend called and had the bottom half of my wall of cabinets finished. The open space is for shelves and there is a left and right side that is waiting for Bob to put the finish on. We also have the desk top that goes across these two cabinets connecting them. I'll have a space in the middle to set up my sewing machine. Now when Bob completes the finish (on the birch) we can install the bottom half in my new craft room while my friend is starting work on the top section I can go ahead and start to fill up this one! 

6 comments:

missy said...

Beautiful outfit. Your embroidered flower looks great and I bet it won't take long before you fill up the new craft drawers.

Hugs to you and the fur boys,
-missy-

My Vintage Mending said...

I love the embroidery detail. What a sweet touch. The winter white is one of my favorites. I just can't believe how wonderful your finishes are....stunning. Just super jealous of your custom craft table...I can't wait to see it finished. Smiles...Renee

Debi said...

LOVE that jacket and it does go perfectly with your new skirt! YAY! Perfect for the holidays!

sacramento said...

What an amazing blog you have, and wonderful you.
We live sooooooooooo far apart and yet connected.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

sacramento said...

I am following your blog now, and adding you to my blogroll not to miss what happens to you in Alaska, dear Na.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Storybook Woods said...

Gosh I wish you were my mom and could sew for me ;-)
Beautiful!! Clarice

Search This Blog