Saturday, December 10, 2011

Gifts for Local



Have you ever made these quart jars of cookie mix as gifts?
I found the recipe easily on line. 
Bob and I worked on these today making six of them and I'm going to make 4 more later. They make great gifts for local friends you like to give a little something to.
They are too heavy to mail. I had to buy a box of quart canning jars then I found in my stash the fabric for the top, cut it in a circle that fit and tied off with rick rack along with the recipe. 

7 comments:

sacramento said...

I want to try, ahhhhhhhhhhh.
So beautifull and delicious!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kath said...

I have never seen this before Nan. So you layer the mixture into the jar and the recipient ours it into a bowl and add water?
What a great idea!

Sandy said...

I did this one year! Loved it, it was so fun....but only one person actually made the cookies! I hope yours get made and eaten! LOL Sandy

Inger said...

Really nice and I can see you have a busy time ahead! Please check my blog today.

Ann said...

Very thoughtful gift!! Love the fabric on top. The card is delightful.
Ann

My Vintage Mending said...

I am filling some with m and m's this year and attaching notes that say what the colors mean. The cookies we did a few years ago and they were a hit I love the fabric. Smiles...Renee

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Great pictures. I love this idea, I even put a recipe up on my blog! Yours look awesome!
Merry Christmas,
Susie

Search This Blog