Monday, December 5, 2011

Bad Boys

This is a view taken into my large mirror of the sunrise the other morning.

Meet the Bad Boys of Homer


These crows visit us frequently and settle on the pheasant food. They love to tease the dogs if they happen to be out. They can be seen around town being drunk and disorderly after eating the red berries off the mountain ash trees. They get really sloppy drunk and get run over in the street. 
Two Goshawks who like to prey on the pheasant. Lately we've had 25 pheasant here eating at our feeder and these guys dive bomb them. I see one little hen is lame and her wing is hurt and I bet that is from the goshawk or even an owl at night. We are using up 50 pounds of cracked corn a week right now. 

10 comments:

vivian said...

when I read the caption, I thought maybe your puppies had gotten into trouble! but of course they didnt. we have starlings that wreak havoc here. and squirrels...
have a great week!
xoxo
vivian

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Yup, every town has its characters. ;)

Ylenia said...

wow, I have just found out about your blog and I am estathic!
Alaska, what a dreamplace sounds to me!!


Love, Ylenia | Longuette

sacramento said...

Wonderful photos, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wish I was one of those birds on your lovely roof.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My Vintage Mending said...

I love the colors of glass in the rooftop. I can't believe that they really get tipsy off those berries. The other day when I was at my moms we came across a plucked Cardinal. The Red Tail Hawks dive bomb her feeders regularly. Beautiful views. Smiles...Renee

missy said...

Great photos and yes they are bad boys!!

hugs
-missy-

A Vintage Chic said...

Oh, those bad crows! You're so good to feed the pheasant like that--that's a lot of corn to go through!

Love your new skirt from the last post--you do such beautiful work, Nan--your closet must be full of the most wonderful things!

Wishing you a beautiful day, my friend...stay warm & cozy!

Julie

Debby said...

Can't believe they dive bomb the pheasants.
Have I mentioned about our buzzards. We have around 200 that call our trees home for three months every winter. We have tried all kinds of ways to get rid of them. We are having some success this year....but we will see. They are so messy.
And ugly.

yuliya said...

i found your blog and so exited to read somthing about alaska. i am not english spiking or fation woman but i admire you brave and beautiful weman:)

Storybook Woods said...

Wow, what a stunning view!! Clarice

Search This Blog