Saturday, November 5, 2011

Old is new again or Little House on the Prairie Look



 Finished the top today I started after throwing the other one away. No trouble with this one.

The skirt I'm wearing is one I bought a few years ago. It's a very soft twill patterned after the walking skirts of the late 1800's Here is one of the shops where they sell the Scully brand.

 Grosgrain ribbon is sewn on cuffs and bottom of my top to give it more body as this pattern does not do facings. I have made this pattern twice before out of black and pink velvet but I lined it, this one is not lined. 
Vintage buttons from Deb N. They are brown with brown crystals and work perfectly with this.
Below is a very similar top I just spotted on sale at Nordstroms
Below is the 1933 pattern I have now used 3 times as it can have many different looks depending on your fabric. 
Here is another example of old is new again. I bought this pattern from 1988 on Etsy recently and here is a similar dress on sale at Nordstroms. 


We have a big snow storm on the way. I DL this App for my iPhone that has radar so I can easily track the storms progress. 

10 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Love the colors and how you dressed up the fabric. Cannot beat those lovely shades of fall even before the snow covers them. Enjoy your Sunday...smiles...Renee

A Vintage Chic said...

You look VERY Little House chic, Nan! Love that outfit! I really need to try to order a skirt just like that--I love long skirts & at 5'11", it's really hard to!

Hope you're having a wonderful, cozy night, my friend!

Julie

Angela said...

Prarie chic indeed! Isn't it funny how things come back in style? :)

Kath said...

Lovely! I like long skirts and have quite a collection. Only trouble is, trying not to break my neck when i run upstairs :-D

missy said...

Beautiful Beautiful I love your attention to details.


hugs
-missy-

Debi said...

YAY! Love this!!!! So glad you've been able to use the pattern so much!!!

Dorothy said...

Hi, I came over from "Little House in Paradise". Love your outfit and that you sew! Since I can't find any clothes I like in the stores, I may have to start sewing again. Most all of the clothes in the shops are made for teenagers in a size 2 or 4. The powers that be seem to think the whole universe is populated by young girls.

Inger said...

That looks great on you. And I just love how talented you are.

LunaLoo said...

I love this look on you. The proportions are perfect and you wear it well. The photography is striking a nice balance too :)

LBP said...

I love that outfit! Great job!

Blessings

Linda

Search This Blog