Friday, November 18, 2011

Coats and Kindles


 Here is the coat I've been working on for Kalen with some materials I've had for years. It was for jackets for my grandsons originally and it's a Gortex like water resistant fabric I lined in a really nice fleece. I found some reflective tape for 2 dollars a foot over at the Gear Shed that sells Alaska type products to locals. I totally copied the coat pattern off Pan's from Landsend, had to make the straps shorter as Kalen has a slim waist.
My Kindle Fire arrived yesterday and I was playing with that learning how to get my books on there. Movies can be watched on here too, plus it has the Internet and it's a touch screen very similar to the iPhone. What it doesn't have is a camera and a phone. 

5 comments:

Debby said...

Your boys are lucky ones.
You will have fun with the Kindle esp. without TV. I am holding out til you can get email and send messages on the Kindle......think that will happen?

My Vintage Mending said...

Don't have a Kindle but my father loves his. He likes to always have a book handy. I think it might be the way to go on vacations. I can always load them onto my beloved ipad. Although my collection of hardbacks will remain near and dear. These lands end coats are wonderful but our problem with the bullies is their girth. Never even thought to make one. Love the tape added on. Smiles...Renee

Miranda said...

The coats are so cute! I can't wait to see the final product. I don't have a kindle. I'm old school around here and really like the actual turning of paper when I read :)

ImagiMeri said...

Hey pretty lady,

My mom just got a regular Kindle (black and white) and it seems to be easy for her to read with her broken right shoulder and broken left hand. She loves to read, something I got from her, and maybe someday I'll get me something like that. The coats look great, but then your guys are so handsome anyway.

God Bless,
Meri

Storybook Woods said...

I have mine too but not sure I love it!! Clarice

Search This Blog