Monday, October 31, 2011

Gold Taffeta Skirt

 Inside French seam above

Sewing on gold taffeta today. First I did a zigzag on the seam edges then cut them off changing my mind and made French seams, much nicer on taffeta and easy peasy to make. Taffeta really likes to fray. 
People always ask how long did it take you to make that?
I never know as I take my time. I make the best seam I can and the best dart going off the end with the smallest of stitches so I don't have to back stitch,  however long that takes I'm not counting. I'm trying to do the best I can which is not always perfect you understand as I am never perfect. The kind of sewing I do now is not about speed and production but pure enjoyment and producing a garment that looks good on the inside as well. 
so much gathering
Other news below the panda bear is back on the mountain. He showed up yesterday after a snow over there. On this side of the bay we have not had snow yet but it's predicted for tonight. Can you see him there to the left of the tree? He's very large.

5 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

I spy a panda bear! Pretty neat, Nan!

LOVE that beautiful gold skirt--such intricate work, my friend--it will be beautiful on you!

Hope your day is wonderful!

Julie

Debby said...

That has to be hard to sew on. I am so impressed.
I spy the panda bear.
Did you get the cards to go through. If not let me know and I will call them.

My Vintage Mending said...

There really is nothing prettier than a full skirt and to have it in gold...gorgeous. Panda is only away for a short time isn't he! Boo to you today...Renee

Storybook Woods said...

Stunning and what perfect sewing. I loved the vintage wool skirt you did below. Boy do I admire your skill!! Clarice

miss vintage love said...

Your skirt is going to be beautiful! What a wonderful holiday color! I'm working on a silk crepe dress right now and the fabric is quite challenging! I'm just taking it slow.

Search This Blog