Friday, October 21, 2011

Gold Silk

This beautiful fabric on the right is cotton and silk poplin. I bought this on Fabric.com and was going to make a full skirt to wear with my black velvet bolero but this fabric is too thin and light more for a lining I should have known. So I decided to keep it for the Chanel jacket out of the boucle fabric on the left there it's a perfect match.
This Jackie O suit is all cut out including the lining and also the darts are all ready sewn now. Inside there is quite a lot of tailoring to be done on this little jacket. 


The Jackie O pattern I'm using. 

3 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

I love it already. Do you have trouble sewing with that light weight fabric. I always wonder if it is worth changing out my needle. Smiles...Renee

A Vintage Chic said...

SO beautiful, Nan...Love that gold--too bad it's so thin, but glad you thought of another purpose for it! Your Jackie O suit will be gorgeous in that fabric!

Wishing you a wonderful day, my friend!

Julie

LBP said...

I love the color of that lining with the fashion fabric! That is going to be so pretty.

Blessings

Linda

Search This Blog