Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Gift in the Mail/Latest Project



My sweet friend Jackie over at Once upon a Fairyland has sent me a belated birthday box. I was thrilled to open this today and find all these sweet goodies. She and I like so much the same things it's spooky. This is a tin birdhouse and I've never seen anything like it! See in the photo the little spun head Christmas elf? I saw him on Victorian Papers and wanted that, even asking over at Magpie Ethel's if she could make some up, and here it is. How did Jackie know? The little felt box contained the cutest little items. I love the elf match box, and a beautifully illustrated Tasha Tudor The Little Princess book! Thanks so much Jackie you are a treasure to have as a friend. 

Finishing touches on the brown velvet skirt. Used a metal vintage zipper as I have been doing lately. Need some hem binding and can't find any around here that matches will check the Russian store today. 

6 comments:

Denise said...

We are blessed to have Jackie as a true friend.Darling gift!I would love to live in Alaska or at least visit.I've never been, but it is a dream of mine.I love seeing every outfit you sew.It reminds me of my Great Grandma Mimie,She and her three sisters were the best seamstress in their area.I think they sewed for their whole town back then.

My Vintage Mending said...

Love that bird house...Who could resist such a sweet lady like you. And a weim colored skirt! Can't wait to see the boys next to you in that! Smiles...Renee

Shelley said...

She is quite the treasure ...isn't she. Received a similar box myself not long ago from Jackie....Love that book...I am a big fan of Tasha myself.
Blessings

A Vintage Chic said...

What a lovely gift, Nan! Love that sweet birdhouse covered with vintage patterns--what a great idea! Tasha Tudor's illustrations are such a favorite with me...I have that lovely book, as well! What a wonderful friend you have!

Wishing you the most lovely of weekends, my friend...

Julie

Miranda said...

What a sweet gift Nan! I love the birdhouse and the little elf.

Anonymous said...

wind chime is cute, took me a
minute to figure out what it was.

Search This Blog